NIT Surathkal M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) and PhD Program Admission 2021 Dates, Application Form

nit surathkal phd and Mtech admission

 

National Institute of Technology Surathkal announces Admission to M.Tech, M. Tech (Research), PhD Program Admission 2021

NIT Surathkal M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) and PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for admission to the M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) & Ph.D. Admissions at the institute for the academic session 2021-22

Departments

  • Water Resources and Ocean Eng. (Formerly Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics Dept.); Chemical Eng.; Chemistry; Civil Eng.; Computer Sci. & Eng.; Electrical & Electronics Eng.; Electronics & Communication Eng.; IT; Mathematical and Computational Sci.; Mechanical Eng.; Metallurgical & Materials Eng.; Mining Eng.; Physics; School of Management

Admission Categories

  • Full-time student on GATE-scholarship
  • Full-time sponsored student under QIP
  • Full-time sponsored student from Industry/ other organizations/ Educational Institutions

NIT Surathkal M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) and PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates

  • Last Date for Online Submission of applications 15th July 2021
  • Last Date for hard copy of applications to reach NITK 19th July 2021
  • Last date for dispatch of call letters (by email only) to short-listed candidates: 26th July 2021
  • Online Selection Test and/or Interview: 04th & 05th August 2021
  • Publication of provisional selection/merit-list on website 13th August 2021
  • Last date for Sending admission orders/letters 18th August 2021
  • Online Reporting and Fee Payment Dates for Selection-List: 19th August 2021 to 24th August 2021
  • Last Date for sending admission orders/letters to waiting-list candidates: 27th August 2021
  • Last Date for Online Reporting and Fee Payment, for waiting-list candidates: 31st August 2021
  • Physical Reporting at the Institute/Class Start Dates: To be announced later

Eligibility Criteria for NIT Surathkal M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) and PhD Admission 2021

MTech Program

  • Shall be open to Indian nationals who have passed the BE/B.Tech/B.Sc.(Eng.) qualifying exam with a CGPA of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system, OR not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/university exams conducted during the entire prescribed period for the degree program)

M. Tech (Research) Program

  • Shall be open to Indian nationals who have passed the BE/B Tech/B.Sc. (Eng.) qualifying exam with a CGPA of at least 6.5 in the 0-10 scale grading system, OR not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/university exams conducted during the entire prescribed period for the degree program)

PhD Program

  • Shall be open to Indian Nationals who passed the Master’s degree in any relevant field qualifying degree in relevant field with a CGPA of at least 6.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/university exams conducted during the entire prescribed period for the qualifying degree)
  • Minimum shall be a CGPA of 5.5 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST/PwD candidates

NIT Surathkal M.Tech, M.Tech (Research) and PhD Admission 2021 Application Process

  • Eligible Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.nitk.ac.in/
  • The registered candidates have to complete the Online Application form and pay the prescribed application fee, through IRIS portal on or before 19th July 2021

 Application Fee

  • For OC/OBC Candidates – Rs.500/-
  • For SC/ST/PwD Candidates – Rs.150/-
  • Mode of Payment – Through online mode

 Selection Process

For M. Tech

  • Common Admission for M.Tech Full Time Program (for scholarship seats) by NIT MNIT Jaipur: Admission for GATE qualified candidates will be done through CCMT-2021 coordinated by MNIT Jaipur

For M.Tech (Sponsored)

  • Selection of candidates for admission will be based upon academic performance in qualifying exam or / and written aptitude test or/and Interview etc as decided by the DPGC of the Concerned Dept. offering the program

For M.Tech (Research)

  • Selection of candidates for admission will be based upon GATE score or in some of the programs selection will be based on at least 70% weightage to GATE score and the remaining 30% weightage to academic performance in qualifying exam or/and written aptitude test

For PhD

  • Will be based upon the GATE score, academic performance in the qualifying exams, written aptitude test, presentation on a research topic and interview as specified by the concerned departments

For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website