CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology announces Admission to PhD Program 2024, Apply now
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024 – CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications for admission to Ph.D degree for the academic session 2024-25
Interested candidates can check details on CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024 such as eligibility criteria, application process and more from the page below.
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024 – January
- Start Date : 01st August 2023
- Last Date: 17th September 2023
- Second Round Interviews: 31st October to 02nd November 2023
- Masters (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/ Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology. B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application) which is relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- Link to the application form is available at www.igib.res.in
- Please register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal.
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website (www.igib.res.in)
- Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
- Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi.
- Exact Date and time slot will be intimated.The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 5-minute presentation (no slides,) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at the time of joining in all cases). Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects. B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible. Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website