CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology announces admission to PhD Program 2021
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021 – CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications for admission to Ph.D degree for the academic session 2021-22. Applications for the same will be accepted until 20th April 2021
Interested candidates can check details on CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021 such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees, and more from the page below.
Broad Interdisciplinary Research Areas
The broad interdisciplinary research areas are :
- Genomics and Molecular Medicine
- Genome Informatics & Structural Biology
- Chemical and Systems Biology
- Respiratory Disease Biology
- Environmental Biotechnology
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Date of Application Form :- 06th April 2021
- Last Date for submission of Application Form :- 20th April 2021
- Interviews at CSIR IGIB, Delhi :- 23rd & June 25th 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021
- Masters degree (MSc/MTech/MPharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology
- BTech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/BPharm/BE/MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- The Application form is available at the website www.igib.res.in
- Please register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal.
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website (www.igib.res.in)
- Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
- In case you face any difficulty with an online application form please inform Pratima at email@example.com well in advance of the deadline..
- For General Category :- Rs.1000/-
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) Category :- Rs 500/-
- Payment Mode :-The payment will be made through an online payment portal.
- Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, to be held on June 23-25, 2021.
- The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 5-minute presentation (no slides,) based on their research interest and research proposal.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website