CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) notifies PhD Admission for January 2020 session
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2020 - CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) announces PhD Program Admission for Research in frontier areas of Modern Biology leading to a PhD degree for the year January 2020.
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2019 Notification
- The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a PhD degree.
Broad Interdisciplinary Research Areas
- The broad interdisciplinary research areas are genomics and molecular medicine, genome informatics and structural biology, chemical and systems biology, respiratory disease biology and environmental biotechnology
Also See : Phd Admissions
- Masters degree (MSc/MTech/MPharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology
- BTech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/BPharm/BE/MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XIIth standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till December 31, 2019 in all cases).
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, October 25, 2019) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
Also See : Admission Notifications
- All candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing in the interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, to be held on 23rd November 2019.
- The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyse and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they submit at the time of application.
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 10-minute presentation (no slides, white board only) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- Candidates finally selected will have a mandatory interaction session with the scientists of the Institute.
- Please register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). The portal is open from 20th September 2019 to 24th October 2019 at http://acsir.emli.in/ACSIRAdmissionPortal/online-admission/portal/acsir-...
- Keep the AcSIR Application form number (which should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX) from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal. Please note that this is not the same as the registration number.
- In case you face any difficulty with online application form please inform Pratima at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the deadline.
Instructions to filling up the form at CSIR-IGIB portal is given below - IGIB PhD Admission application process
- Application portal for CSIR-IGIB website (www.igib.res.in) will be open from 27 September 2019 9:30 AM to 25 October 2019 6:00 PM
- After interacting with the scientist in person/on email/on phone/ on skype etc. request a recommendation from the scientist (each candidate may submit only ONE letter of recommendation).
- Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment will be made through an online payment portal.
- Instructions for the payment will be available on the website (CSIR-IGIB portal at www.igib.res.in).
- Application portal for CSIR-IGIB will be open from 27 September 2019 9:30 AM to 25 October 2019 6:00 PM
- Last Date of accepting Application Form: 25th October 2019 6:00 PM
- AcSIR Application portal is open from 20 September 2019 to 24 October 2019
CSIR IGIB New Delhi
- CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, North Campus, Mall Road, Delhi-110007 & South Campus, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110025, Ph. No. 011-29879487, 29879488, Email: email@example.com, Website www.igib.res.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India