IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar announces PhD Admission for session 2019-20
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program Semester II offered in various disciplines for the session 2019
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Programs
- IIT Gandhinagar is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join us as PhD scholars. The total number of vacant seats for the current semester is 96.
- Currently, we offer PhD Programs in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, History, Language & Literature, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Epidemiology and Sociology.
Also see: PHD Admission 2019
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
PhD admission: Phase 1
- Application Deadline: 12 February (Tuesday)
- Announcement of Shortlist: 22 February (Friday)
- Written Tests and/or Interviews (tentative): 15-17 March (Friday to Sunday)
PhD admission: Phase 2
- Application Deadline: 2 April (Tuesday)
- Announcement of Shortlist: 12 April (Friday)
- Written Tests and/or Interviews (tentative): 7-9 May (Tuesday to Thursday)
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019
- At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum at Institute level.
- For discipline wise minimum eligibility criteria, please click here. The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for short listing besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Also see: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2019
- Regular (RR): Full time residential research candidate
- Continuing Doctoral Program (CDP): This if for the candidates working in industry or as a faculty in any educational institution. In this category the candidate is given advance admission with 90 days of residency requirement in 1st year and on successful completion of 1st year, the admission is confirmed with the expected minimum 2 years of full time residential requirement on campus for completing coursework and a major part of thesis work. After 2-years, the candidate may be permitted to go back to parent organization subject to significant progress in thesis work.
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc
- The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/ or interview
- PhD Program is fully residential. The regular candidates will have to stay on campus. For candidates under Continuing Doctoral Program, currently 2 years of residency requirement after completion of 1 year of advanced admission is followed
- Students joining the PhD program as regulars (RR) will be considered for Institute Fellowship based on the following norms:
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET/ GATE Qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Courses (B.Tech/ B.E) with NET/ GATE Qualification or Postgraduate Degree in Professional Courses (M.Tech/ M.E etc): Rs 25,000/- per month
- Qualifications mentioned above with two years of research experience: Rs 28,000/- per month
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected
- Application Fees: Rs. 100/- (SC/ST/PD Category), Rs. 200/- (Others)
- You NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Palaj, Gandhinagar-382355, Phone No.: +91-93284-74222, Email: email@example.com, Websitewww.iitgn.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India