IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019, Application, Eligibility, Dates
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar Admission to PhD Programmes (Semester II, 2019-20)
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2019 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program Semester II offered in various disciplines for the session 2019-21.
See: PHD Admission 2019
IIT Gandhinagar PhD Programs
- IIT Gandhinagar is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join us as Ph.D. scholars.
- Currently, we offer Ph.D. Programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, History, Language & Literature, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Epidemiology and Sociology
- Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for suitable match of interest.
- IIT Gandhinagar also offers a Start Early Ph.D. Fellowship with additional financial support for exceptionally qualified undergraduate students from select colleges wishing to start on a direct Ph.D. programme after B.Tech.
- Application Form Submission Deadline: 04th October 2019
- Announcement of short-list for Written Test and/or Interview: 15th October 2019
- Written Test and/or Interview: 01st to 03rd November 2019
- Announcement of list of provisionally selected candidates: 15th November 2019 (tentative)
- At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech. Or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum at Institute level.
- For discipline wise minimum eligibility criteria, please click here. The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for short listing besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
- Regular (RR): Full time residential research candidate
- Continuing Doctoral Program (CDP): This if for the candidates working in industry or as a faculty in any educational institution. In this category the candidate is given advance admission with 90 days of residency requirement in 1st year and on successful completion of 1st year, the admission is confirmed with the expected minimum 2 years of full time residential requirement on campus for completing coursework and a major part of thesis work. After 2-years, the candidate may be permitted to go back to parent organization subject to significant progress in thesis work.
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc
- The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/ or interview
- PhD Program is fully residential. The regular candidates will have to stay on campus. For candidates under Continuing Doctoral Program, currently 2 years of residency requirement after completion of 1 year of advanced admission is followed
- Students joining the PhD program as regulars (RR) will be considered for Institute Fellowship based on the following norms:
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET/GATE Qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Courses (B.Tech/B.E.) with NET/GATE Qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses (M.Tech/M.E. etc) : Rs. 31,000/- per month.
- Qualifications mention at (i) above with two years of Research Experience: Rs. 35,000/- per month.
- Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS), as per MHRD OM dated 17th January 2019, for Post Graduate admissions at IIT Gandhinagar will be implemented from Semester I, Academic Year 2020-21".
- All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form
- Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self- attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected
- Application form can be downloaded official website https://www.iitgn.ac.in/phd.htm
- Rs. 100/- (SC/ST/PD Category), Rs. 200/- (Others)
- You NEED NOT send the hardcopy of the application form
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India