IISER TVM PhD Program Admission 2020, Eligibility, Application, Dates
IISER Thiruvananthapuram announces PhD Admission January 2020
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020 - Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD Program of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Physical Sciences for the session starting from January 2020, i.e., Vasanth 2020 Semester.
Candidates are required to apply through online portal only
See: PhD Admission
- Biological Sciences - Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Structural Molecular Biology, Mammalian Cell Division
- Chemical Sciences - Main Group Chemistry; Macrocycles/Planar Antiaromatic and Extended Pi-Conjugated Systems; Bioinspired Coordination and Organometallic Chemistry; Inorganic-Organic Hybrid, Metal Nanocluster and Catalysis; Inorganic and Hybrid Materials Chemistry/Energy Storage-Batteries-Supercapacitors/Porous Materials-Gas Separation-Membranes; Development of New Synthetic Strategies, C–H Activation/ Functionalizations and Asymmetric Catalysis; Asymmetric Total Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, Development of New Methodologies and Medicinal Chemistry; Organic Synthesis, Asymmetric Catalysis, Natural Product Synthesis and Cross-Coupling Reactions
- Physical Sciences - Nanoscale Device Physics; Magnetic and Superconducting Materials; Superconductivity and Physics at Nanoscale; Light Sheet Microscopy (LSM) or Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy (SPIM); Nonlinear Dynamics: Cooperative Phenomena in Complex Networks; Condensed Matter Theory: High Performance Thermoelectric Materials, Machine Learning Quantum Condensed Matter Phases; 2-Dimensional Layered Nanostructures; Semiconductor Oxide Devices; Terahertz Spectroscopy of Condensed Matter Systems; Neuromorphic Devices; Organic, Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Semiconductors and Devices, Especially Solar Cells
Eligibility Criteria for IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020
- First class or equivalent at Master’s-level (a five-year degree after +2 level).
- The candidate must have qualified either of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET-JRF and GATE with validity as of January 2020. Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship or fellowship through any other national-level examinations as mentioned.
- Biological / Mathematics / Bioinformatics / Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)
- Eligibility Criteria 1 and
- Eligibility Criteria 2 or
- DBT-JRF (Category I), ICMR-JRF
- Note: Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category I DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR-sponsored projects are not eligible.
- GATE (EY, XL and BT only)
- Note: GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.
- JGEEBILS (GS-2019)
- Note: Candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS 2019 test can apply.
- Eligibility Criteria 1 and Eligibility Criteria 2
- Physical Sciences/Material Science/ Engineering areas (closely related to the research areas of IISER TVM)
- Eligibility Criteria 1 and
- Eligibility Criteria 2 or JEST 2019
- Note: Candidates who have passed/cleared the JEST 2019 test can apply (with validity as of January 2020).
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a written test/interview at IISER TVM. The final selection of the candidates will solely be based on the performance in the interview.
- In the School of Biology, there will be two rounds of interviews. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance exam will be conducted (based on Master’s-level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th-level Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry questions for 30%) on the first day of interviews.
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Applicants should complete the online application form in the URL http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/
- Before proceeding with the application please goes through the required documents list, which is to be made ready (Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the "Submit Application" button after completing your application]
- GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- [Rs.250/-] as processing fee through the Power jyoti Account
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc) online
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org); any other mode of communication will not be entertained
- For GE/OBC [SC/ST] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/-) as processing fee through the Power Jyoti Account
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Start date of Online Application from: 25th September 2019
- Last Date of Receipt of the Application Form: 15th October 2019
- School of Biology: 02nd - 04th December 2019
- School of Chemistry: 15th - 16th November 2019
- School of Physics: 09th December 2019
- Reporting time for all candidates: 8.30 AM on the first day of the interview
- Venue IISER TVM, Vithura Campus
For more details, visit the website: www.iisertvm.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India