IISER Mohali PhD Program Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
IISER Mohali announces Admission to PhD Program for January 2020
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2020 - Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the doctoral Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in January 2020.
Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
PhD Program offers Specialization
- PhD Program offers specialization in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences
Also See : Phd Admissions
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2020 Important Date
- Online Application Facility: Open
- The online application facility will be open till: 21st October 2019 (12.00 noon)
Eligibility Criteria for IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2020
- An applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ICAR- NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject. For DST-Inspire qualified applicants, a provisional offer letter is required at the time of interview.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions:
Department of Biological Sciences:
- An applicant should have a Masters degree/B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT- JRF/DBT-BINC/ICAR-NET/DST-INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
Department of Chemical Sciences:
- An applicant should have a Masters degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST and persons with Disability (PwD), and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire/equivalent national level fellowship.
Department of Physical Sciences:
- An applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences:
- An applicant should have a Masters/ B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/Chemistry/Physics/Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Geophysics/ Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Statistics and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences:
- An applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Sociology/Anthropology/Geography/Modern Indian History/ Urban History/Political Economy/ Gender Studies/Urban Studies/English Literature/Development Studies/ South Asian studies.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
Also See : Admission Notifications
IISER Mohali PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in
- Apart from applying online, an applicant SHOULD send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: email@example.com mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Geography, etc.) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting.
- This email address is meant ONLY for sending the statement of proposed research. Having qualified UGC/NET/NETJRF/GATE or any other national level eligibility test is required at the time of the PhD application submission.
- The candidates who have not qualified (including those who are awaiting results) the above mentioned national eligibility tests will not be shortlisted.
For further details about the program and research areas, please visit our website: https://www.iisermohali.ac.in
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali, Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar, Manauli PO 140306 Telefax: 2240266, 2240124, Website www.iisermohali.ac.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India