Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) announces Admission to PhD Program 2021 July Session
IIITDM PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) invites online applications for admission to Ph.D Program offered in various disciplines for the academic session commencing in July 2021.
Interested candidates can check the details on IIITDM PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same through online mode till June 17, 2021.
The Institute offers Ph.D. programs in the disciplines of:
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Electronics and Communication Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- English and Interdisciplinary Product Design.
IIITDM PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Portal for submission of online application along with requisite fees Open :- 28th May 2021
- Last Date for submission of online application with requisite fee amount :- 17th June 2021
- Tentative dates of test/interview through online (for short listed candidates)
- Computer Science and Engineering :- 23rd June 2021
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) :- 24th June 2021
- Mechanical Engineering :- 25th June 2021
- (FN) Mathematics :- 26th June 2021
- (AN) English :- 26th June 2021
- Interdisciplinary Design :- 28th June 2021
- Physics :- 29th June 2021
- Announcement of selected candidates on website (www.iiitdm.ac.in) :- 06th July 2021
- Payment of fee and confirmation of admission (Selected candidates need to submit/send their acceptance together with the fees for the first semester :- 14th July 2021 to 20th July 2021
- Commencement of classes :- 02nd August 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIITDM PhD Admission 2021
For Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree):
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- BE / B.Tech degree holder from CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10-point scale / 80% marks or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and have a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with an excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology or 5 year integrated Masters with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences/Arts with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM/DAE-JEST or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under Sponsored category:
- The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for the Regular (full time) category.
Education qualification for admission to PhD program in different departments/discipline
- Computer Science and Engineering : Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering / Information Technology. (Candidates with only MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (Including Electrical Engineering) : Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area relevant to the research
- Mechanical Engineering : Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Thermal Engineering / Aerospace Engineering /Automobile Engineering / Energy Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Instrumentation /Maintenance Management /Metallurgical Engineering / Production / Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics.
- Mathematics : Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science.
- Physics : M. Sc in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Material Science/Applied Optics/Optoelectronics with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M. Tech in Solid State Technology/Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- English : (a) Master’s degree / dual degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with Qualifying UGC – NET or JRF / CSIR-JRF / GATE Score or equivalent qualification (b) Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or 5 Year BS+MS Dual degree/ 5 Year Integrated degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institute with a good academic record.
- Interdisciplinary Design : (a) Master’s (ME /M.Tech. /M.Des. /M. Arch./MBA) or equivalent in any discipline (b) MS / M.Sc. or equivalent in any Science discipline with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM /DAE-JEST.
IIITDM PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested candidates can apply online in the link provided in the institute website http://iiitdm.ac.in/ on or before 17 june 2021.
- The candidates are also required to upload the scanned copy self-attested documents.
- Only online application is accepted and the candidates are advised to take a print of their application and keep the same for the record.
- GN/OBC-NC/EWS Male : Rs.250/-
- GN/OBC-NC/EWS Female :- 125/-
- SC/ST & PwD Male :- Rs.125/-
- SC/ST & PwD Female :- Rs.125/-
Selection Procedure for HTRA
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for a test/ interview. GATE qualified candidates shall be given preference in the admission.
- Selection will be purely based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and/or interview.
- All rules and regulations as given in the PhD Ordinance https://www.iiitdm.ac.in/img/ordinance/PhD_Ordinance.pdf) and other guidelines
- issued by the institute from time to time are applicable to Scholars under HTRA
Selection Procedure for Sponsored Category
- Sponsored Category candidates are required to submit detailed research proposals along with their application indicating therein a Supervisor available for guidance in the parent Organization/Industry.
- The proposal should have been approved by the research Organization/Industry in which the candidate is employed.
- The Organization/Industry should be allowing the candidate to carry out the research where he/she is employed.
- The proposal will be scrutinized by the respective Dept. before shortlisting for an interview.
- Candidates are required to attend interviews conducted by the respective Department and their selection is purely based on their performance and research proposal.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website