IIIT Delhi PhD Program Admission 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
IIIT Delhi PhD Admission 2019 - Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi invites applications from bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research for admission to PhD Programs offered in various field for the academic session 2019.
Also See : Phd Admission 2019
PhD Programs Offered
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Human Centre and Design (HCD)
- Computational Biology (CB)
- Mathematics (Maths)
- Social Sciences (SS)
- More than 140 PhD scholars - Many with fellowships viz Prime Minister’s Fellowship, TCS, IBM, Intel, Cognizant & Visvesvaraya.
- Highly prolific faculty and Collaborations with leading international research groups.
- Attractive stipend of Rs.27000/- per month in the first year and up to Rs.30000/- after the 2nd Year. Financial support to present papers in top international conferences
- Fresh BTech. Graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory
- Students interested in acquiring a global exposure may enroll in the collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world
Aso See : Admission Notification 2019
IIIT Delhi PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Starts on: 20th Feb 2019
- Last Date of online Application: 14th March 2019
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates: 20th March 2019
- Written Test/ interview: 30th March 2019
- CSE - Computer Vision; Cyber security; Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition; Discrete and Computational Geometry, Approximation algorithms/Combinatorial Optimization/ Discrete Optimization and Complexity; HCI and Ubiquitous Computing; High Performance and High Productivity Parallel Programming; IoT Security; Machine Learning; Machine learning in Graphics and VR; Multimedia Computing, Social Media Analysis, Multimedia Information Retrieval; OS/Compilers; Personalized Speech Synthesis; Program Analysis / Program synthesis / Program Optimization / Code Search; Securing smart environments with self-adapting techniques; Social Media Analytics; Social Network Analysis, Data-driven Cyber security, NLP; Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing.
- ECE - Architectures for AI and ML applications; Computer Vision; Designing of High Capacity and Secured Elastic Optical Networks; Machine learning; Microwave (Antennas, Radar, RF Circuits); Nan electronics; Optical Networks; Personalized Speech Synthesis; Robotics / Control Systems; Optimization.
- HCD- Virtual Reality, IOT for smart living spaces, wearable for societal good, wearables for manned space mission, Interaction design Research.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Delhi PhD Admission 2019
For CSE/ HCD:
- BTech/ BE/ M.Tech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE with a CGPA of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 70% or;
- MCA/MSc (CSE/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are eligible to apply with a condition that they have B.Sc in Computer Science or B.Sc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as given above or;
- MSc in Mathematics with at least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc or 7.5 CGPA and strong inclination towards CSE/ECE
Electronics & Communications Engineering (ECE)
- BTech/ BE/ M.Tech/ MS/ ME in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE with a CGPA of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 70% or; MCA/MSc. (CSE/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree or;
- MSc in Mathematics with at least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc or 7.5 CGPA and strong inclination towards CSE/ECE.
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which may be supplemented by a written test, if necessary
- The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc.
- The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview
- Candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
IIIT Delhi PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Applicants can fill the online Application on the official website: www.iiitd.ac.in
- The online applications portal is available from 20th February 2019 till 14th March 2019.
- Candidates can apply only through the online application portal. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
- There is no application fee for PhD program.
For more info visit the IIIT Delhi Website: www.iiitd.ac.in