Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
GGSIPU Phd Admission 2019 - Applications are invited by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University from the interested candidates for admission into PhD Program in various subjects for the year 2019.
PhD programme is offered in following subjects:
- Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Applications, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering, Management, Chemical Technology, Bio-Technology, Environmental Sciences, Medical Sciences, Physiotherapy, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, English, Sociology, Law & Legal Studies, Mass Communication and Education and M.Phil. Programme in English, Clinical Psychology and Psychiatric Social Work.
See: PhD Admissions
GGSIPU Phd Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start Date for receipt of applications: 22nd March 2019
- Last date for receipt of applications: 06th May 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 25th and 26th May 2019
- Result of Entrance Test: 07th June 2019
- Submission of documents by candidates requesting exemption from PET: 17th May 2019
- List of exempted candidates from PET to be displayed on University website: 23rd May 2019
- Tentative Interview Schedule: 08th to 17th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for GGSIPU Phd Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s Degree (in a relevant discipline) or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled (PWD) categories.
- A person, whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates possessing a M.Phil. Degree or a degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution.
- A degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Admission to the Ph.D. programme of studies shall be through an Entrance Test
- (PET) conducted by the University in the relevant disciplines of study.
- 3.2. For those students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including
- JRF) ** / GATE* / DBT-JRF / ICMR-JRF / Teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil. programme, such candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempt from the entrance test conducted by the University. However, they shall have to apply for admission to the University.
- Such candidates need to submit the relevant documents in support of their claim along with a request for exemption latest by 17th May, 2019 at the respective schools. A list of candidates exempted from appearing in PET shall be displayed on University website on 23rd May, 2019.
- Reservation shall be as per the State Reservation Policy, notified by the University from time to time.
- The written entrance test shall be qualifying for admission to Ph. D. programme with 50% of total marks as qualifying cut off for general category. For SC/ST/OBC/PWD category the qualifying cut off shall be 45% of total marks. The syllabus of the written entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- An interview / vice-voce shall be organized where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Admission Committee.
See: Entrance Exam Dates
GGSIPU Phd Admission 2019 Application Process
- All the candidates have to apply online for admission to Ph.D. and M.Phil. Programmes by filling up the online application form as available on University website http://www.ipu.ac.in on the payment of Rupees One Thousand Only (Rs. 1000/-) plus service charges and taxes as applicable as the application fee.
- Appearing in Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) is mandatory for all non exempted applicants (refer Point 3.2 above), however admit card would be issued to all the applicants including the exempted applicants (refer Point 3.2 above). Appearing in M.Phil. CET is mandatory for all
- All the applicants need to download the admit card from the link used for filling up the application form using their respective login id and password. The applicants who are exempted from Ph.D. Entrance Test should keep the admit card with them and the same has to be produced at the time of interview. The candidates are advised to take and retain a printout of the duly filled in application form.
For further details regarding schedule and subjects please visit the official website
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector-16 C, Dwarka, Delhi-110078
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India