DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2020, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Pune announce Admission to PhD Program for January 2020 Session
DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2020 - The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune has released a notification for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs (Under Institutional Scholarship Category) for the academic session January 2020.
DIAT offers admission to PhD (full-time) in the frontier areas of Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Materials Engineering and Applied Chemistry.
DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application: 10th December 2019
- Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test: 3rd / 4th week of December 2019
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st Week of January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2020
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of the marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD - (Divyang) categories.
- The qualifying degrees are:-
- Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
- Master of Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirements may be considered for admission to the Ph.D. programme:-
- Qualified in a national level test such as CSIR/UGC NET, Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET cut off will be decided by DIAT.
- Not above 30 years as on 10th Dec 2019.
- Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
- The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in Ph.D. admission in accordance with relevant act of Parliament being in-force from the time.
- A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
- Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
- The selected Ph.D. candidates against this admission notice, admitted as full-time Ph.D. students will be provided financial assistance as per Institute rules, in force from time to time.
- The Ph.D. students (who are provided Institute fellowship) will be required to assist in research and teaching activities for a maximum of 10 hours per week in addition to their own duties.
- In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant (presently Rs. 15,000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute.
- Course Fee and Other Charges:
- Selected candidates for the Ph.D programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @ Rs. 31,000/- per semester (for Gen & OBC) and @ Rs. 18,000/- (for SC & ST) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000/-, commencing from Jan 2020.
- The fee for Ph.D students (Scholarship category) in 5th Semester and above is Rs. 35,000/- per semester for General & OBC category and Rs. 22,000/- per semester for SC/ST category.
DIAT Pune PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Application form is available at Institutes website http://www.diat.ac.in.
- Application fee of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC category (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST & Women candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through State Bank collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune.
- The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials.
- These documents should reach DIAT latest by on or before 10th December 2019. Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
For more Information visit the DIAT website www.diat.ac.in
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, (Deemed to be a University under section 3 of UGC Act 1956), Girinagar, Pune-25, Website www.diat.ac.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India