CCMB Hyderabad PHD Admission 2018 - Eligibility, Application, Dates
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology PhD Admission 2018
CCMB Hyderabad PHD Admission 2018 - Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a PhD Degree for the academic year August 2018
- The Projects offered for PhD would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science and a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing PhD
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine and a valid fellowship for pursuing a Ph.D. degree are also eligible to apply
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile
- B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT are not eligible to apply
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 22nd April 2018
- Candidates qualifying in the written test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP (by 30-04-2018) for pursuing PhD will be shortlisted to appear for interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 04th June 2018 (preliminary) and 05th June 2018 (final)
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are:
- Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- B.Pharma degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Phd. at CCMB.
- If fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE fellowship status by 30-04-2018.
- The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (August 2018).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examor the M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview
- As the CDFD-JGEEBILS shortlist will be displayed only on 10th May 2018, candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2018 exam are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Exam to be held on 22nd April 2018
- Candidates with a master’s degree in any branch of Science or a bachelor’s degree in Eng./Pharmacy/Medicine may submit their applications online by 10th April 2018 through this LINK https://apply.registernow.in/CCMB/Phd18/
- Candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2018) need to register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM-I-2018 by applying in the prescribed application form
- Online application facility will open on 13th March 2018 and will be closed on 10th April 2018
Application Fees Structure
- General - Rs.500.00
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) - NIL
- Scheduled Tribes (STs) - NIL
- Other Backward Class (OBC) - Rs.500/-
- Other Backward Class (OBC)-NON-CREAMY LAYER - Rs.250/-
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - NIL
- The application processing fees as mentioned above should be paid online only and is non‐ refundable
- For more information https://apply.registernow.in/CCMB/Phd18/
- Online Registration Start Date: 13th March 2018
- Online Registration End Date: 10th April 2018
- Admit Card: 15th April 2018
- Date of CCMB / CDFD joint Entrance Exam: 22nd April 2018
- Last date of fellowship update: 30th April 2018
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for interview: 10th May 2018
- Date of Interviews (CCMB): 04th & 05th June 2018
- Date of Interviews (CDFD): 06th & 07th June 2018
CCMB - CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad
Click here or more Admission Notification.
Also See : Admission Notification