CCMB Hyderabad PhD Program Admission 2020, Eligibility, Application, Dates
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology PhD Admission 2020
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020 - Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a PhD Degree for the academic year January 2020.
Projects offered for PhD
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
See : Phd Admissions
Eligibility Criteria for CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine
- Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree program are also eligible to apply. However, if selected, their selection will be CONDITIONAL to completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, and they can only join the Ph.D. program with the August 2020 batch of Ph.D. students.
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 24th November 2019.
- Candidates qualifying in the written test and having a valid Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for an interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 12th December 2019 (preliminary) and 13th December 2019 (final).
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are:
- Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB.
- The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (January 2020).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for an interview.
- Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
- Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Candidates with a master’s degree in any branch of Science or a bachelor’s degree in Eng./Pharmacy/Medicine may submit their applications online by 24th October 2019 through https://apply.registernow.in/ccmb/phd20/
Application Fees Structure
- General - Rs.500.00
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) - NIL
- Scheduled Tribes (STs) - NIL
- Other Backward Class (OBC) - Rs.500/-
- Other Backward Class (OBC)-NON-CREAMY LAYER - Rs.250/-
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - NIL
- The application processing fees as mentioned above should be paid online only and is non‐ refundable.
Important Dates for CCMB Hyderabad PhD Admission 2020
- Online Registration Start Date: 7th October 2019
- Online Registration End Date: 24th October 2019
- Admit Card: To be announced later
- Computer Based Test: 24th November 2019.
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for interview: To be announced later
- Date of Interviews: To be announced later
For more information https://apply.registernow.in/ccmb/phd20/
CCMB - CSIR Hyderabad
CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad-500007, TS, India, contact: email@example.com, Website www.ccmb.res.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India