BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2020 Notification, Application, Dates
PhD Admission open for January 2020 Session in BITS Pilani for Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2020 - Birla Institute of Technology Science (BITS) Pilani invites applications for admission to 2nd Semester Full Time and Part Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered at Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani Campuses for January 2020 session.
- BITS Pilani is Deemed to be University, offering on-campus programs to around 15000 students including over 11000 Doctoral students across its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai. BITS Pilani has been recently recognized as in "Institute of Eminence" by MHRD and is India's highest ranked non-Govt. Institute as declared in various reputed world ranking like QS BRICS, QS Asia and QS India in 2019.
PhD Admissions (2nd Semester 2019-2020)
- Applications are invited for 2nd Semester admission to the PhD Programme (full-time and/or part-time) starting January 2020 in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS Pilani in the following Departments*:
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical
- Science: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Economics & Finance, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management
- Department openings with regard to Full and Part time student admission are tabulated below:
Program Offered at Campuses
- Applications are invited for admission to PhD Programs at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses in following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Economics and Finance, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Humanities and Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary areas such as Biotechnology, Energy, Environment, Robotics, Nano-science & Nanotechnology, Water Management
- For availability of full time/part time PhD admissions in any specific discipline at a campus, please refer to www.bitsadmission.com (Visit respective Dept. Website for further details)
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Admission Portal Open: 09th November 2019
- Last Date for filling application form online: 09th December 2019 (5.00 PM)
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website): 20th December 2019
- Test/Interview Date: 3rd January 2020
- Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes (on BITS admission website): 07th January 2020
- Reporting of selected students in respective campus: 13th January 2020
- Date of Registration: 14th January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2020
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- For admissions to Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with a M.A. degree and a minimum of 55% aggregate may apply
- Preferably individuals who would like to pursue Ph.D. in-house, residing on campus.
- Preferably individuals working in organizations providing basic facilities and environment for research.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD programme are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/- or 31,000/- per month in the first year based on their intake qualifications.
- Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or a Degree equivalent to the Higher Degree of BITS Pilani are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work is completed.
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at https://www.bitsadmission.com/phd/index.aspx. Hard copy of the application form is not required to be sent.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled form and retain it for further reference.
- Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username and password essential for filling the application form.
- Completed Application Form along with the prescribed fee of Rs.2400/- should be sent to Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani-333031 so as to reach on or before 5.00 P.M. 9th December 2019
- Details of fee payment modes are available at the website while applying online
Written Test Details
- Candidates shortlisted for test in any of the following Departments: Biological Sciences/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific.
The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The duration of Test – I will be 1 hr. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus of relevance to the candidate as given below. The duration of Test – II will be 1 hr. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following Departments: Humanities & Social Sciences/Economics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
Test-I will comprise of the following components:
- Reading Comprehension: 2 Passages (5Qs each=10 Qs) 20 minutes
- Logical Reasoning 10 question 10 minutes
- Analytical Reasoning 15 question 15 minutes
- General Awareness 10 question 15 minutes
Test-II will be discipline specific comprising of 50 questions
- Candidates with a M.Phil. degree or with fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF etc. are exempted from taking the above test
- All Candidates shortlisted for the PhD programme in the Department of Management will be required to take a written test of duration 1 hr. The nature of the written test will be case based in the areas of general management.
- Candidates with a B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree, if shortlisted, will be required to take a written test.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, Birla Institute of Technology and Science BITS, Pilani, Pilani, Dubai, Goa, Hyderabad BITS, Pilani-333031 (Rajasthan), PhOne: 01596 242205 (10.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.bitsadmission.com
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India