BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 Dates, Application form
Birla Institute of Technology Science (BITS) Pilani announces PhD Admission 2021-22 First Semester
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 - Birla Institute of Technology Science (BITS) invites applications for admissions to the 1st Semester Full time and Part time PhD program starting from September 2021 in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS Pilani.
Interested candidates can check the post below for complete details of BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 such as course offered, application form, eligibility criteria, etc.
PhD Program Offered
- Engineering - Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical
- Science - Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics,
- Economics & Finance, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Admission Portal Open :- 26th June 2021
- Last Date for filling application form online :- 26th July 2021
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website) :- 31st July 2021
- Test/Interview :- 09th to 16th August 2021
- Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes (on BITS admission website) :- 23rd August 2021
- Reporting of selected students to respective campuses :- 30th August 2021
- Registration :- 01st September 2021
Eligibility Criteria for BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- For admissions to Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. degree and a minimum of 55% aggregate may apply.
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at https://www.bitsadmission.com/phd/index.aspx.
- Hard copy of the application form is not required to be sent. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled form and retain it for further reference.
- Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username and password essential for filling the application form.
- While filling the application form online, candidates are required to give preferences of the campus or campuses to which they wish to apply for. Please refer to Department openings with regard to Full and Part-time student admission prior to filling the application form.
- Application Fee :- Rs. 2600/-
- Mode of Payment :- Through online Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Selection will be based on Written Test and Interview.
Written Test Details
A. Candidates shortlisted for test in any of the following Departments:
- Biological Sciences/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific.
The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The duration of Test – I will be 1 hr. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus of relevance to the candidate as given on Page 7.
- The duration of Test – II will be 1 or 2 hrs. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates with M.Phil. / M.E. / M.Tech. or with National level fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF etc. are exempted from taking the above test.
B. Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following Departments:
- Test-I : 50 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to Reading Comprehension (2 Passages), Logical Reasoning & Analysis, and General Awareness.
- Test-II : Test-II for candidates shortlisted in Humanities & Social Sciences will be discipline specific and subjective in nature.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD programme are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
- Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed.
- Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India