Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala announces Admission to M.E., M.Tech Program 2021
Thapar University M.E, M.Tech Admission 2021 – Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala invites applications for Admission to the M.E./M.Tech Program for the academic year 2021-22
The applications for the same can be submitted online till June 30, 2021. Aspirants can check the post below for details on Thapar University M.E./M.Tech Admission 2021 including important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process and more.
Number of Seats
- The Institute offers a PG Program of Four Semesters (Regular) leading to M.E./M.Tech. Degree. The distribution of seats discipline-wise is as under:
- M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering: 30 Seats
- M.E. – Thermal Engineering: 18 Seats
- M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering: 30 Seats
- M.E. – Structural Engineering: 30 Seats
- M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering: 60 Seats
- M.E. – Software Engineering: 18 Seats
- M.E. – Power Systems: 30 Seats
- M.E. – Electronics & Communication Engineering: 18 Seats
- M.Tech. – VLSI Design: 30 Seats
- M.Tech. – Biotechnology: 18 Seats
- M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology: 18 Seats
- Total: 300 Seats
Thapar University M.E., M.Tech Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for receipt of completed online application forms: 30th June 2021
- ME/MTech Admission Schedule: Will be announced soon
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University M.E., M.Tech Admission 2021
- M.E./M.Tech. Programmes shall be made on the basis of valid GATE Score in respective discipline. First preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates who have obtained at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/Industry sponsored) marks in the aggregate in the qualifying exam from a recognised University.
- After offering seats to the GATE qualified candidates, the admission to remaining vacant seats (if any) shall be filled on the basis of merit prepared by giving 30% weightage to 12th marks and 70% weightage to B.E./B.Tech. marks (upto end of pre-final year)
- Qualifying degree for M.E./M.Tech. programme in various disciplines is as under:
- M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering/ Thermal Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Mechanical/Production/Industrial/Mechatronics/ Automobile/ Marine/ Petroleum/Chemical/Metallurgy/Heat power/Aeronautical Engineering and Equivalent.
- M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, B.E./B.Tech. in Infrastructure Engineering
- M.E. – Structural Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering.
- M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering/Software Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering and valid GATE score in “Computer Science/ Information Technology
- (i) Operating Systems; (ii) Computer Networks; (iii) Data Base Management system; (iv) Data Structures; (v) Any programming language or M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Physics/ Operations Research/ Information Science/ Information Technology OR MCA OR Equivalent
- M.E. – Electronics & Communications Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication
- M.Tech. – VLSI Design: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electronics / Computer Science/ Electronics & Communication / Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) / Electrical Engineering OR M.Sc. in Computer Science/ Electronics / Physics with Electronics / Instrumentation with Mathematics as one of the subjects in B.Sc.
- M.E. – Power Systems: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Computer/ Electrical & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering or equivalent
- M.Tech. – Biotechnology: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Biotechnology/ Chemical / Industrial Biotechnology / Biochemical Engineering /Bio-Medical Engineering / Bio-Informatics or a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology: B.E./B.Tech. degree in any branch of Engineering or Technology, OR M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences (including Botany and Zoology) / Atmospheric Sciences.
Duration of Program
- The normal duration of programme leading to the M.E./M.Tech. degree shall be four semesters for regular students, which includes course work of twelve subjects
- The maximum duration for regular programmes is six semesters.
Thapar University M.E., M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates seeking admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology shall fill up the online application form available on our website www.thapar.edu.
- The candidates are required to fill complete details in the online form. Follow the process mentioned hereunder for filling up online application form:
- Step 1: Click on the “Apply Online” link on the home page of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology website www.thapar.edu.
- Step 2: You will reach the landing page of the online application form of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology where you will fill a small registration form and click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 3: Check your email for login credentials. Click on the link in the email to login directly into your profile.
- Step 4: Fill the complete form.
- Step 5: Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode).
- Application Fee – Rs.1500/-
- If Application Fee is paid Online: The candidates are not required to send the printout of application form but they must produce it at the time of interview.
- If Application Fee is paid through DD: Please send one of the printouts by attaching DD of required amount as mentioned in filled online Application Form/Prospectus
- In all rounds of counselling, the GATE qualified candidates shall get first preference based on their merit
- Those who missed the earlier round can attend any counselling held later but their admission will be on merit & subject to availability of seat.
- The candidates admitted in M.E./M.Tech. will be eligible for the scholarship as per the following:
- Scholarship from AICTE: Candidates with valid GATE score, will be considered to receive scholarships only if approved and amount released by AICTE or any other funding agency (applicable only for intake approved by AICTE).
- Scholarship from TIET: Candidates with valid GATE score who are getting scholarship from AICTE or from any other funding agency as mentioned at ‘I’ above, shall also be eligible for additional scholarship of Rs. 5000/- per month from TIET.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website