West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) announces Admissions to PhD and LLD Degree Program 2020-21
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences PhD and LLD Admission 2020- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) Kolkata invites applications in a prescribed proforma for admission to PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) and LLD (Doctor of Law) degree program for the academic year 2020-21
PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)
LLD (Doctor of Law)
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences PhD and LLD Admission 2020 Important Dates
The last date for submission of the application is
12th October 2020
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
For PhD Program
- Candidates shall have LLM degree or any Masters degree having the potentiality of interdisciplinary study with law from any university recognized by UGC or equivalent LLM or Masters Degree of foreign university with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- However, this condition is relaxed to 50% in case of candidates belonging for those who obtained their masters degree prior to 10th September 1991
- The condition is related to 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC and ST/OBC (Non creamy layer) or differently abled categories.
- Candidates who have qualified for UGC/SLET/SET/JRF fellowships are exempted from Entrance Test. However, they have to undergo an interview.
For LLD Program
- Any candidate who satisfies the following conditions is eligible to seek registration for LL.D. in the University upon application for registration after going through these Regulations and Guidelines for LL.D.
- The candidate shall have Ph.D. Degree in Law of any recognized University.
- The candidate must have published as the main author a minimum of 10 articles in the peer reviewed/refereed journals having ISSN number or books of repute with ISBN number after the completion of Ph.D.
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences Application Process
- Applications may be downloaded from the university website www.nujs.edu or may be obtained directly from the office of the University
- Application for Registration with prescribed fees shall be submitted to the University along with 10 hard copies and one soft copy of the synopsis.
- The LL.D. Registration is valid for FIVE years only from the date of Registration
Fees for LLD & PhD Program
- Registration fees of Rs.15000 (Non-refundable) (at the time of registration) plus annual fees of Rs.50,000 per annum (Non-refundable)
- The application needs to be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 2000/- (non refundable and nonadjustable) in favour of the Registrar, WBNUJS, Kolkata payable at Kolkata
- Admission of candidates under 1.1 above to Ph.D shall be through an Entrance test and interview.
- Admission of candidates under 1.4 and 1.5 above shall be on the basis of interview. The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 100 marks with 3 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
- The syllabus of the paper for candidates shall cover 50 marks questions on Research Methodology and other 50 marks should be from various law subjects or interdisciplinary subjects as the case may be
- Interview for all – 100 marks
- Selection of candidates for the available seats shall be on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the entrance test plus interview or interview only as the case may be on the basis of merit. Date of the interview will be notified later on.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website