Calcutta University Kolkata announces Admission to PhD Program in Buddhist Studies 2019
Calcutta University PhD in Buddhist Admission 2019 – University of Calcutta (Kolkata) invites the applications for admission to PhD Program in the Department of Buddhist Studies through an Entrance test.
Also See : Phd Admissions
Important Dates for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Forms: 29th April 2019
- Date of Written Test: 08th May 2019
- Results of the written test will be published on: 10th May 2019
- The successful candidates will be called for an interview on: 14th May 2019
- List of the selected candidate will be published on University website: 17th May 2019
Intake Capacity: 14
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s degree holders in Buddhist Studies/Pali with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 7 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply. 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Master degree holders in other relevant subjects or degree holders may also apply subject to fulfillment of the Clauses 5.3 and 6.4 of the University of Calcutta (Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.) Regulations 2016.
- Candidates having degrees from other Universities and eligible foreign students need equivalence/clearance certificate from the competent authorities as laid down in the PhD Regulations 2016 (Clauses 5.1A and 5.1B).
Selection Process for Calcutta University PhD Admission 2019
- Selection for admission into PhD program in Buddhist Studies will be based on written test and interview
Written Test Pattern
- The Written Examination of One-hour duration shall comprise 50 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 marks each, from the core and allied subjects prescribed for CU MA Buddhist Studies Syllabus. There will be no negative markings.
- Long Questions and MCQ would be based on the general theme of the Buddhist Studies.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
- Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks.
- Candidates who have already passed NET/ SET/ MPhil examinations/ obtained DST-INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship can directly appear in the interview skipping the written examination.
Calcutta University PhD in Buddhist Studies Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidates who wish to pursue research work in this Department should apply in the prescribed application form
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by the Online Payment Receipt of Rs.100/- should be submitted (online to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) or the hard copy to the office of the Department of Buddhist Studies, Asutosh Building, IIIrd Floor, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata -700073 on all working days between 12 Noon to 5 PM on or before 29th April 2019
- Fees will be paid through SBI Online Payment: https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm t
University of Calcutta
Department of Buddhist Studies, Asutosh Building, IIIrd Floor, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata -700073 Website www.caluniv.ac.in