Calcutta University announces Admission to MPhil in Arabic and Persian for session 2019
University of Calcutta M.Phil in Arabic and Persian Admission 2019 – Department of Arabic and Persian, University of Calcutta, Kolkata offers admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Arabic and Persian Course for the session 2019 (January) – 2020 (December).
Duration of Course
- Two years M. Phil Course in [Arabic and Persian]
No. of Seats
- Seven (7) [5 seats in Arabic and 2 in Persian]
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Completed Application Form: 21st February 2019
- Publication of the List of Candidates Eligible to Appear in RET and those who are Exempted from RET: 22nd February 2019
- Date of RET Examination: 26th February 2019
- Date of Publication of List of Candidates Qualifying RET: 28th February 2019
- Date of Interview for Eligible Candidates: 06th March 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/OBC/PWD (minimum 40% disability) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject. Students who are taking M.A. or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Exam in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above.
- Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/viva-voce.
- Candidates holding the qualifying degree from universities/institutions of other States and or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open universities from any States” are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta (obtainable from the Office of the Registrar, CU) at the time of submission of application form.
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification 2019
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD (Minimum 40% disability) candidate will be made as per University/Govt. rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC – A, OBC – B/unreserved of the concerned subject) 100 Point Roster of West Bengal Board of Higher Educational Institution will be followed in final selection.
- Rs. 4000/- to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission. Mode of payment will be informed later on. For further information, C.U. website (www.caluniv.ac.in)/Notice Board of the concerned Department are to be followed from time to time.
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- The prescribed Application Form for admission to M.Phil Courses for the session 2019 (January) – 2020 (December) can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in.
- Downloaded application forms completed in all respect with the proof of payment of Rs.500/- for General and Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PWD category.
- Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees for offline payment. The fees can also be paid to the SBI online.
- Completed Application Forms will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, (College Street Campus, CU), Room No. 3G, Asutosh Building (Ground Floor) between 12 noon and 04.00 pm on all working days with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form.