St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata announces Admission to M.Sc. in Microbiology Admission 2019-20
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata M.Sc Admission 2019 – St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata invites applications for admission to Master of Science in Microbiology Program for the academic year 2019-2020
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata M.Sc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of online application: 10th April 2019
- Last date of online application: 17th May 2019
- Date & Time for Admission Test: 25th May 2019, 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Venue for Admission Test: ST. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), 30 Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street), Kolkata
Note: All dates are tentative and subject to change; please keep track of the website for any such change
See: MSc Admission
Eligibility Criteria for St. Xavier’s College Kolkata M.Sc Admission 2019
- Candidates who have cleared the B.Sc Major (Honours) in Microbiology or any other subject of Life sciences with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).
- Candidates who have completed 2nd year or 5th Semester in 2018 and are awaiting final year / 6th semester Examination Results are also eligible to apply. Admission for such candidates will be provisional and be conditional to their passing the qualifying examination with the minimum required marks [55% for General and 45% for reserved category].
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
Format of Admission Test
- Total 100 marks Time – 2 hrs
- Multiple Choice Questions – 25 x 2 = 50 marks
- Short answer questions – 10 questions to be answered from 12 questions (each question 5 marks) – 10 x 5 = 50 marks
- Major domains/areas of microbiology: (equal weightage on all topics)
- Introductory Microbiology (including bacteriology)
- Notable Contributions in the Development of Microbiology
- Position of Microbes in the Living World
- Microscopy and Stains and Staining Techniques
- Microbial Nutrition
- Bacterial Growth
- Bacterial Morphology
- Control of Microbes
- Eukaryotic Microbes-Algae, fungi, Protozoa.
See: Latest Entrance Exam
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata M.Sc Admission 2019 Application Form
- The application process will be online through the college website www.sxccal.edu and no printed / manual forms will be available.
St. Xavier’s College
30, Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street), Kolkata, West Bengal