Sikkim University Gangtok announces admission to M.Phil and PhD Program 2021
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission 2021 – Sikkim University Gangtok invites application or admission to MPhil & PhD Programs offered in various departments for the Academic Year 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check the post below for more details on Sikkim University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021.
- Anthropology (MPhil/Ph.D); Botany (Ph.D); Chemistry (M.Phil/Ph.D); Chinese (Ph.D); Commerce (Ph.D); Computer Applications (Ph.D); Economics (M.Phil / Ph.D); Education (Ph.D); English (M.Phil / Ph.D); Geography (M.Phil / Ph.D); Geology (Ph.D); Hindi (M.Phil /Ph.D); History (M.Phil /Ph.D); Horticulture (Ph.D); International Relations (M.Phil/Ph.D); Law (M.Phil / Ph.D); Management (Ph.D); Mathematics (M.Phil/ Ph.D); Microbiology (Ph.D); Music (M.Phil /Ph.D); Nepali (M.Phil /Ph.D); Peace and Conflict Studies and Management (M.Phil / Ph.D); Physics (M.Phil/ Ph.D); Political Science (M.Phil); Psychology (M.Phil /Ph.D); Sociology (Ph.D); Tourism (M.Phil / Ph.D); Zoology (Ph.D)
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start Application Process :- 01st July 2021
- Last date for submission of online Application Form :- 31st July 2021
- Data arrangement by System Management :- 02nd to 5th August 2021
- Scrutiny of applications submitted online & verification of uploaded documents :- 06th August to 16th September 2021
- Date of written test for M.Phil/ Ph.D at respective Department :- 11th and 12th September 2021
- Declaration of 1st list of selected candidates & uploading of names on website (M.Phil & Ph.D) :- 17th September 2021
- Admission of selected candidates (1st list) including Hostel Admission (Fee payment & others) :- 18th to 22nd September 2021
- Uploading of 2nd list for admission against vacant seats :- 27th September 2021
- Admission of selected candidates (2nd list) and Hostel Admission :- 28th to 30th September 2021
- Commencement of Odd Semester :- 06th October 2021
- Final counseling for filling of vacant seats, if any, and closing of Admission :- 22nd October 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission 2021
- Candidates with at least 55% marks in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply for M.Phil. and PhD programs.
- Note : For more information regarding eligibility criteria of various courses candidates can refer to the official website.
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Admission notice containing names of programmes offered, last date for submission of online application etc. will be uploaded on the University website and circulated through print media
- All communications to the candidates including list of candidates shortlisted for admission will be uploaded on the University website www.cus.ac.in and displayed in departmental notice boards
- No personal communication to candidates will be made by post or telephone or e-mail or otherwise
- No interim query regarding status of application shall be entertained.
- For General/OBC/EWS Candidates :- Rs.600/-
- For ST/SC/DA Candidates : Rs.300/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit Card / Credit Card or any other forms of digital transactions
- Candidates with at least 55% marks for General and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (Central List)/DA candidates in relevant/allied disciplines are eligible to apply for M.Phil./Ph.D programmes. Please see APPENDIX ‘ A’ for eligibility criteria and other details.
- Duration of M.Phil. and Ph.D program is as per the UGC guidelines / University Ordinance OC-6 and OC-7.
- All applications received online within the prescribed date shall be scrutinized by a duly appointed Working Committee for Admission (WCA). The list of candidates shortlisted for written test and for interview shall be uploaded on University website and shall be also displayed on departmental notice boards. No individual communication shall be made in this regard.
- Written examination and interview are compulsory for admission to M.Phil / Ph.D programmes. 10% weightage on maximum marks obtained in written test shall be given to candidates with UGC- NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR-NET (including JRF), / ICAR-NET/ ICMR-NET/ DBT-NET/ SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship and M.Phil. degree holders on regular mode with one semester course work.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website