Sikkim University Gangtok announces Admission to M.Phil and PhD Program 2021 under SC/ST/OBC category
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission – Sikkim University invites applications for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes offered in various departments against the vacant seats under SC/ST/OBC category for the Academic Year 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check the post below for more details on Sikkim University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021.
- Anthropology (MPhil/Ph.D); Botany (Ph.D); Chemistry (M.Phil/Ph.D); Chinese (Ph.D); Commerce (Ph.D); Computer Applications (Ph.D); Economics (M.Phil / Ph.D); Education (Ph.D); English (M.Phil / Ph.D); Geography (M.Phil / Ph.D); Geology (Ph.D); Hindi (M.Phil /Ph.D); History (M.Phil /Ph.D); Horticulture (Ph.D); International Relations (M.Phil/Ph.D); Law (M.Phil / Ph.D); Management (Ph.D); Mathematics (M.Phil/ Ph.D); Microbiology (Ph.D); Music (M.Phil /Ph.D); Nepali (M.Phil /Ph.D); Peace and Conflict Studies and Management (M.Phil / Ph.D); Physics (M.Phil/ Ph.D); Political Science (M.Phil); Psychology (M.Phil /Ph.D); Sociology (Ph.D); Tourism (M.Phil / Ph.D); Zoology (Ph.D)
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission Dates 2021
- Start Application Process : 07th December 2021
- Last date for submission of online Application Form : 16th December 2021 (till mid night)
- Data arrangement by System Management : 17th to 20th December 2021
- Scrutiny of online applications and intimation to the eligible candidates by the Department : 21st to 22nd December 2021
- Mock Test for Online Examination : 24th December 2021
- Date of written test Online (M.Phil) : 27th December 2021
- Date of written test Online (PhD) : 28th December 2021
- Interview and submission of list of selected candidates (by the department) : 30th & 31st December 2021
- Admission of selected candidates : 4th to 7th January 2022
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Interested candidates with 50% marks in Post- Graduate or equivalent grade in relevant / allied subjects for M.Phil. and PhD programs.
- Note : For more information regarding eligibility criteria of various courses candidates can refer to the official website.
Sikkim University MPhil and PhD Admission Application Process 2021
- Admission notice containing names of programmes offered, last date for submission of online application etc. will be uploaded on the University website and circulated through print media
- All communications to the candidates including list of candidates shortlisted for admission will be uploaded on the University website www.cus.ac.in and displayed in departmental notice boards
- No personal communication to candidates will be made by post or telephone or e-mail or otherwise
- No interim query regarding status of application shall be entertained.
- For General/OBC/EWS Candidates : Rs.600/-
- For ST/SC/DA Candidates : Rs.300/-
- Mode of Payment : Online through Debit Card / Credit Card or any other forms of digital transactions
- Candidates with at least 55% marks for General and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (Central List)/DA candidates in relevant/allied disciplines are eligible to apply for M.Phil./Ph.D programmes. Please see APPENDIX ‘ A’ for eligibility criteria and other details.
- Duration of M.Phil. and Ph.D program is as per the UGC guidelines / University Ordinance OC-6 and OC-7.
- All applications received online within the prescribed date shall be scrutinized by a duly appointed Working Committee for Admission (WCA). The list of candidates shortlisted for written test and for interview shall be uploaded on University website and shall be also displayed on departmental notice boards. No individual communication shall be made in this regard.
- Written examination and interview are compulsory for admission to M.Phil / Ph.D programmes. 10% weightage on maximum marks obtained in written test shall be given to candidates with UGC- NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR-NET (including JRF), / ICAR-NET/ ICMR-NET/ DBT-NET/ SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship and M.Phil. degree holders on regular mode with one semester course work.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website