Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) announces PhD in Physics Admission 2022, Apply now
RKMVERI PhD in Physics Admission – Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) invites applications for admission to the PhD program in Physics offered by the Department of Physics for the academic year 2022-23.
Areas of Research
- High Energy Physics (Phenomenology) and Cosmology
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics and Nano-structure Material Sciences
RKMVERI PhD in Physics Admission Dates 2022
- Last Date of taking Admission: 01st May 2022
- Entrance Exam: To be announced
RKMVERI PhD in Physics Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The applicant should have a good academic record throughout, with at least 60% marks in both B.Sc. (Physics Major/Hons.) and M.Sc. (Physics) examinations from any recognized University or Institute of the country. SC/ST candidates will enjoy a 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks.
- Age limit: Below 28 years on the date of application.
- Preferably the applicant must have either qualified in CSIR-UGC NET(JRF) /GATE /JEST /equivalent national level examination with Research Fellowship allowing entry into PhD or must have the DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
RKMVERI PhD in Physics Admission Application Process 2022
- Candidates application form available on website http://physics.rkmvu.ac.in/
- Pay the admission fees online from the Admission portal.
- Upon successful fees payment, the receipt can be downloaded from the portal.
- Download the Admission-cum-Registration form-PhD, duly fill it and sign it, take a soft-copy of this and email it to admission office (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with the soft-copies of all the applicable supporting documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form.
- Applicants with PhD fellowships under CSIR-UGC NET (JRF)/DST-INSPIRE or other Governmental Schemes will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the Department online.
- Those with no fellowships will have to appear for a written test (Research Eligibility Test) to be conducted by the Department. Candidates qualifying in the written test will be further screened through a rigorous viva-voce examination. While the University will not be able to provide any fellowship for candidates selected for PhD, it will make efforts to help them obtain fellowships from sources such as ‘Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Fellowship’ awarded by the Government of West Bengal. However, there will be no commitment from the University in this respect.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website