Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute announces Admission to PhD Program in Physics 2019
RKMVU PhD Physics Admission 2019 – Department of Physics, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (Deemed-to-be-University under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956) is inviting applications for admission to the PhD program in Physics for the academic year 2019
Areas of Specialization:
- High-Energy Physics (Theory), Cosmology & General Relativity, Statistical Physics & Non-linear Dynamics, Condensed Matter Physics (Experiment)
See: PHD Admission
RKMVU PhD Physics Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date to apply: 15th June 2019
- Time and date of the written test and viva-voce examination will be announced later.
Eligibility Criteria for RKMVU PhD Physics Admission 2019
- The applicant should have good academic record throughout with at least 60% marks in both B. Sc. (Physics Major/Hons.) and M. Sc. (Physics) examinations from any recognized University or Institute of the country. SC/ST candidates will enjoy a 5% concession in the minimum eligibility of marks.
- The applicant must have qualified in CSIR-UGC NET (JRF)/GATE/JEST/equivalent national level examination allowing entry into PhD or must be having the DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
- Age limit: Below 28 years on the date of application.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Applicants who have their own PhD fellowships, available for example through CSIR-UGC NET (JRF)/DST-INSPIRE schemes, will be selected on the basis of a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the department.
- All other applicants (that is, those without a fellowship) will have to appear for a written test conducted by the department. Candidates qualifying in the written test will be further screened through a rigorous viva-voce examination to be conducted by the department. The University will not provide any fellowship to the successful candidates. However, the University will fully support them in their application for fellowship from other sources, such as Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Fellowship awarded by the Government of West Bengal.
RKMVU PhD Physics Admission 2019 Application Process
- Online Application Portal: https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply. The applicants need to upload scanned copies of their passport-sized photo and mark-sheets.
- After successfully submitting the application form, an Application fee of INR 500.00 has to be paid online from the same portal.
- Once Application form is successfully submitted and fees paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
- Applicants need to bring their Admit Card on the day of the viva-voce examination and/or the written test. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Note: The advertised Programme is only for full-time scholars. No application for part-time PhDs will be entertained.
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
PO Belur Math, Dist. Howrah, Pin 711202, West Bengal, Contact No: (033) 2654-9999, Fax: (033) 2654-4640, email: firstname.lastname@example.org