Rajiv Gandhi University announces M.Phil and PhD Entrance Test (RGUMPET) 2019 for Admission
Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 – Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh notify M.Phil and PhD Entrance Test (RGUMPET) 2019 for admission to Vacant Seats in M.Phil and PhD Program in the current Academic Session 2019-20 RGUMPET 2019.
See: Latest Entrance Exams
Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Issue of Application Form from: 9th May 2019
- Last date of submission of application forms: 24th May 2019
- Scrutiny of Application Forms by the concerned Department: 27th to 30th May 2019
- Notification of eligible test: 31st May 2019
- Date of Entrance Test (For AITS only): 11th June 2019
- Date of Common Entrance Test (for both M.Phil & PhD): 12th June 2019
Courses offered in Department/Institutes with no. of Vacancy
- AITS – M.Phil (15) PhD (03)
- Anthropology – M.Phil (07) PhD (02)
- Botany – M.Phil (05) PhD (11)
- Chemistry – PhD (02)
- Commerce – M.Phil (10) PhD (07)
- CSE – PhD (02)
- Economics – M.Phil (05) PhD (05)
- Educations – PhD (07)
- Hindi – M.Phil (10) PhD (04)
- English –M.Phil (05) PhD (03)
- Geography – M.Phil (10) PhD (07)
- History – M.Phil (08) PhD (07)
- Mathematics – M.Phil (05) PhD (14)
- Mass communication – M.Phil (05)
- Political Science – M.Phil (07) PhD (02)
- Physics – PhD (02)
- Sociology – PhD (02) M.Phil (05)
- Zoology – M.Phil (05) PhD (02)
- Management – PhD (04)
See: M.Phil Admission
Eligibility Criteria for Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019
- The Scholars having 55% marks in Master Degree in the concerned subject are eligible to appear for the screening / entrance test (5% relaxation for SC and ST).
- 50% of the seats of the PhD program shall be reserved for Open category, 25% for CSIR-UGC JRF holder and 25% for M.Phil degree holders. Reservation for M.Phil candidates in PhD shall be considered from the concerned subjects only.
- In case of no reservation of seat due to less than 4 seats than merit for M.Phil/JRF/Teachers shall be based on over all percentage of marks obtained in respective degree exam (M.Phil/JRF/Postgraduate) converted to index percentage respectively with the open category candidates.
- There shall be common test for screening of candidates for M.Phil and PhD programs.
- Candidates seeking admissions to M.Phil/ Ph.D. programs are required to appear in a entrance test held by Rajiv Gandhi University on 12th June 2019.
- Candidates shall appear in CET for M.Phil and PhD in the concerned subjects comprising of two papers of 100 marks.
- Paper I – This paper shall be of objective type questions from research methodology and / or paper from P.G level. This Test shall be of 1 and 1/2 hours duration having 50 questions carrying 2 marks each.
- Paper II – This paper shall be description type covering major areas of study at PG level including research methodology. The questions set shall be of the following type in the concerned subject:
- 5 Very short answer type of 2 marks each
- 5 Short answer type carrying 6 marks each
- 4 Questions carrying 10 marks each
- 1 Long answer type carrying 20 marks
- This Paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
- For PhD in Hindi or in any other language, the scholars have to appear in the concerned language test instead of English Paper.
For qualifying the test, a scholar has to secure a minimum of 50% marks separately in both the papers.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- All the UGC-CSIR JRF holders, M.Phil degree holders and regular in-serve faculty members teaching for at least 5 years in Govt. colleges affiliated under RGU and at least 3 years in the concerned department of RGU are exempted from written RGUMPE Test but should apply through proper channel in the prescribed format for being screened and called for the Viva-voce tests.
- All other issued not covered above shall be governed as per the provisions envisaged in the RUGUMPET Ordinance.
See: PHD Admissions
Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Rajiv Gandhi University has released the RGUMPET 2019 application form on its official website. Aspirants who wish to apply for various M.Phil or PhD Programmes may fill their application form. The candidate can deposit fee of Rs. 400/- through online mode.
Rajiv Gandhi University, Doimukh
Rajiv Gandhi University Extension centre, Directorate Complex, Opposite EAC office, Naharlagun, Tel: 0360‐ 2245276, Website www.rgu.ac.in