National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur announces Admission to Master of Social Works (MSW) Program 2021-22
NIT Durgapur MSW Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur invites applications for the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program (Without Scholarship) under the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences from the next academic year 2021-22
Check out the post below for more details on NIT Durgapur MSW Admission 2021.
- It will provide multiple perspectives to analyse and engage with social issues. The Program will enable students to locate the role of a social worker as a professional specialisation within this context
- The program will also enable students to understand and engage with disadvantaged communities and develop new strategies to serve their interests. It will help students to understand local contexts and work with local communities
- Duration: Master of Social Work (MSW) (Two-Year Full Time Degree Program)
- Intake Capacity: 15
- Reservation: As per Govt. of India Norms
NIT Durgapur MSW Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Posting of advertisement on the institute’s website and start of mailing of the Application form by the candidate: 31st March 2021
- Last date of mailing of the Application form by the candidate 10th June 2021
- Display of the names of shortlisted candidates 18th June 2021
- Written test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview: To be notified later
- Displaying of Final Result of selected candidates in Institute’s website: To be notified later
- Date of admission & hostel allocation (First list): To be notified later
- Displaying of vacant seats in Institute’s website (if any): To be notified later
- Date of admission & hostel allocation against the vacant seats (if any): To be notified later
- Commencement of class (Tentative): To be notified later
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur MSW Admission 2021
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks or 5.5 CGPA considering all the subjects by regular full time course
- The students appearing for the final graduation examination in the year 2021 may also apply but he/she has to score the above percentage up to pre final semester, and to produce the final year graduation result fulfilling the above criterion at the time of admission, failure of which will lead to cancellation of candidature.
NIT Durgapur MSW Admission 2021 Application Process
- STEP 1: Pay the application fees online through NET Banking or offline through NEFT from Banks to the Canara Bank Account, NIT, Durgapur (as per the information given above in bank details). STEP Collect the Transaction ID/ Unique Transaction Reference number as generated in NET banking (online) or from the bank where NEFT is done (offline).
- STEP 3: Download the application form and fill it.
- STEP 4: Scan the filled application form, attach proof of Date of birth, a valid photo identity card, mark-sheets of Class X, Class X+2 and of graduation, application fee payment voucher and EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD category certificates (if applicable).
- STEP 5: Make a single pdf file sequentially attaching all the documents as mentioned in Step 4 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line MSW2021<space><YOUR NAME IN BLOCK LETTER>
Application Processing Fee
- INR 1000 for all candidates (Transfer through NEFT to Account No. 8569101000352, Payable at Canara Bank, NIT Campus, Durgapur, IFS Code: CNRB0008569).
- Application fees can ONLY be paid online through NET Banking or offline through NEFT from Banks
- The application form without Transaction ID/ Unique Transaction Reference number, and payment proof will not be accepted. Any other form of payment is not allowed.
- The name of the eligible shortlisted candidates for the written test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview will be posted on the website.
- The shortlisted candidate shall report the Department of Humanities and Social Science (HSS) at 9.00 am with all the originals of the documents those were mailed, on the date mentioned in the notice.
- A Written Test of 50 marks (based on social science, aptitude, logical reasoning and current affair), Group Discussion of 30 marks and Personal Interview of 20 marks will follow.
- Based on the above, category wise merit list will be prepared and will be posted on the website.
- The selected candidates shall take admission by paying all the fees as per the schedule given in the advertisement. No separate intimation will be made. The hostel will be allotted on the same day.
- The total expenditure of the course is approximately INR 1.15Lakhs. The mess charges are extra which varies between INR 3000 – INR 5000 per month.
- The Institute is residential and hostel residency is compulsory. No married accommodation is available in the campus. Notification about hostel admission will be intimated in due course of time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website