Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019
Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 – Jamia Millia Islamia invites application from eligible candidates Admission to Degree of Master Of Philosophy (M.Phil.)/Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme for the academic year 2019-20.
M. Phil. Program and Allotted Seats
- English Literature – 20 Seats
- Urdu – 20 Seats
- History – 10 Seats
- Hindi – 10 Seats
- Education – 10 Seats
- European Studies/Latin American Studies – 10 Seats
- Study of Comparative Religions & Civilizations – 20 Seats
- International Studies – 20 Seats
- Development Studies – 20 Seats
- West Asian Studies – 20 Seats
See: M.Phil Admission
- Humanities and Languages, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Education, Engineering and Technology, Law, Architecture & Ekistics Centres.
See: PhD Admission
Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for Submission of hard copy of online application form in the concerned Deptt./Centres: 28th June 2019
- Issue of Admit Card: 05th to 10th July 2019
- Date of Admission Test: 21th July 2019
- Time of Admission Test Paper I: 9-11 AM/Paper II: 12 Noon to 2 PM
- Venue: Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Result of Admission Test: 3rd & 4th week of August 2019
- Fee of online Application form Rs. 1500/-
See: Latest Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil PhD Admission 2019
- A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D. must have obtained a Master Degree with not less than 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC seven point scale (or equivalent CGPA wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University/institute* or a Degree recognized by the University as its equivalent in the subject/allied subject in which the candidate wishes to pursue a course of research or in a subject allied thereto.
- Provided that the Majlis-i-Talimi (Academic Council), on the recommendations of the BoS/CoS of the Department/Centre/Faculty concerned, may from time to time approve the list of the allied subjects to a given subject.
- Provided further that if a Department/Centre/Faculty desires to incorporate additional eligibility requirements to cater the specific need of the course, the concerned BoS/CoS will be authorized to do so subject to the approval of the concerned Faculty Committee/ Board of Management.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade/CGPA, may be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Admission Procedure for Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-NET/AYUSH-NET/JRF examination or any other equivalent examination conducted by the recognized Governmental Department/Institute/ Agency/SLET/valid GATE score (with qualifying marks).
- The teacher fellowship holders of the recognized college/ university/institution, provided that the competent authority issues a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to the candidate to join the M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme entrance test for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D. Programme shall be in English, except in the language departments, which may set the question paper in the concerned language.
- Entrance Test: The entrance test shall be based on two question papers: Paper ‘I’ and ‘II’ of equal weightage and each of two hours duration.
- The Paper-I shall include 100 multiple choice (objective type) questions of one mark each on research methodology and shall be common to all applicants for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme at the level of each Faculty and the associated centres.
- The Vice-Chancellor, on the recommendation of the concerned Dean, shall appoint examiner(s) for preparing the syllabus (if required) and setting the question Paper-I.
- The Paper-II of the entrance test shall deal with the advanced knowledge of the subject concerned. It shall have a weightage of 100 marks out of which 50 marks shall be assigned to 50 multiple choice (objective type) questions of one mark each and a set of subjective types of questions having a weightage of another 50 marks.
See: Entrance Exam Dates
Jamia Millia Islamia M.Phil PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Applications on prescribed form are invited online www.jmi.ac.in from eligible candidates for admission to M.Phil/PhD program in various Departments/Centres of Jamia Millia Islamia
- Application for admission may only be submitted Online at Jamia Millia Islamia’s Website www.jmicoe.in
- Application Form for admission may be filled up online on Jamia website www jmi.ac.in, along with the required fee of Rs.1500/- deposited online
- For more details and information on application procedure, please visit website www.jmi.ac.in
Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- (A Central University by an Act of Parliament) Maulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, Tel.: 26981717, Email: email@example.com, Website www.jmi.ac.in,