Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune announces to Admissions to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for July 2021 Session
IIT Pune PhD Admission 2021 – Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune has invited applications for admission in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year July 2021 session
Interested candidates can check details on IIIT Pune PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program is aimed at assisting students in acquiring proficiency in their chosen area of research. The academic Program leading to the Ph.D. degree is broad-based and involves a course credit requirement and a research thesis submission
- Research activities in IIIT Pune are carried out under the ambit of academic departments ECE, CSE, Mathematics and research centres (a) Centre of Robotics and Security in IoT Space, (b) Centre of Indian Languages and Computational Intelligence, (c) Centre of VLSI and Nanotechnology (d) Centre for Biomedical Engineering & Bio-informatics
IIT Pune PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Online Application Process: Ongoing
- Last date for submission of completed application forms June 06, 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Pune PhD Admission 2021
- Computer Science and Engineering: B. Tech. / B.E. in CSE/ IT or relevant area/ MCA (with valid GATE score) with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 65 %. OR M.Tech. /M.E. in CSE/ IT or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %.
- Electronics& Communication Engineering: B. Tech./ B.E. (with valid GATE score) in ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %. OR M.Tech. / M.E. in ECE/ EE or relevant area with a CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60 %.
- * A 5% or 0.5 GPA on a scale of 10 relaxation shall be given to SC/ST/PwD applicants as per Govt. of India norms.
IIT Pune PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form
- Application Form & Information Brochure are available on the Institute website www.iiitp.ac.in
- Eligible and interested candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of completely filled application form along with latest passport size photograph, self- attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste certificate, applicable fee etc. in a single pdf file to email@example.com latest by May 30, 2021.
- A non – refundable processing fee of Rs. 590/- (for GEN/OBC/EWS) and Rs. 295/- (for SC/ST/PwD) are required to be paid online directly to State Bank of India A/C No.- 35664554591, IFSC code – SBIN0011698, NIBM Road, Kondhwa of Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune
- Applications with insufficient information/applications without prescribed fee receipt/applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected and will not be considered
- PhD candidates will be selected on the basis of written and/or interview
- Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for written test and/or interview.
- Depending on the number of applications received and considering the constraints of time and other resources for conducting written test and/or interview, the academic units may put additional academic performance-based shortlisting criterion
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test and/or interview
Syllabus for the Written Test
- The question paper for written test shall be based on GATE Syllabus for respective categories as follows (including but not limited to)
- Electronics and Comm. Engineering Branch: Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Control Systems, Communications, Electromagnetics
- Computer Science and Eng and IT Branch: Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithms Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Operating System, Databases, Computer Networks, Software Engineering
- Fee Structure for Ph.D. (ECE, CSE) for July 2021-22 (First Year)
- Tuition Fee – 46,000/-
- Development Fee – Rs.20,000/-
- Miscellaneous Fee – Rs.27,500/-
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) – Rs.5000/-
- Alumni Association Fee – Rs.2000/-
- Total (A to E) – Rs.1,00,500/-
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website