ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health announces Admission to PhD Program 2019
ICMR NIRRH PhD Admissions 2019 – ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health invites applications for Admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2019
ICMR – NIRRH
- National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai, is a premier Institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The Institute invites applications from highly motivated students having a consistently good academic record in Modern Biology for enrollment in PhD programs.
The thrust areas of research include:
- Fertility Regulation, Infertility and Reproductive Disorders, HIV /STIs/RTIs, Maternal and Child Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Reproductive cancers, Osteoporosis, Genetic Disorders, Stem Cell Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics and Reproductive Toxicology. The Institute is associated with the University of Mumbai for the award of PhD degree in Life Sciences, Applied Biology and Biochemistry.
See: PHD Admission 2019
ICMR NIRRH PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Start of online application: 10th June 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 05th July 2019
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the application and demand draft: 15th July 2019
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for interviews: will be displayed on NIRRH website
- Date of Interview: will be displayed on NIRRH website
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR NIRRH PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who are Indian citizen and having Postgraduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Biochemistry /Biotechnology /Microbiology/ Zoology /Bioinformatics/Biophysics etc.) or MBBS or MD degree from India with at least 60% or equal Grade Point Average (GPA) from higher secondary (10+2) onwards for General and OBC category and 55 percent for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- In case CGPA is not based on 10 point scale candidates should provide a statement issued by the respective University indicating conversion of CGPA to percent.
- Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for the qualifying exam in the academic year 2018-19 and results are awaited, are also eligible to apply.
- However, such applicants will have to submit the proof of qualifying marks at the time of the interview or if selected at the time of admission. Kindly note that registration for the PhD degree at Mumbai University will happen only after meeting the eligibility criteria of Mumbai University.
- The candidates should have cleared at least one of the following exams
- Either: PhD entrance test (PET) conducted by the University of Mumbai in the subjects of Life Science /Applied Biology /Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Biophysics/ Bioanalytical Sciences/Biomedical Engineering/Molecular Biology; or GATE (Life Sciences/ Biotechnology)/ SET (Biological Sciences/Life sciences)/ CSIR-UGC NET ORF or LS) / JRF examination conducted by national agencies such as ICMR/DBT/GPAT Or Valid DST-Inspire fellowship.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 5th July 2019 for General Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/Women applicants and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
- Will be according to the UGC rules followed by the University of Mumbai.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- The names of the short-listed candidates along with date and time for the personal interview will be displayed on the NIRRH and ICMR website.
- The list of Ph.D. guides (who have a vacancy for Ph.D. students in their laboratory) and brief description of their research project would be given to shortlisted candidates.
- Final selection would be based on the performance in the interview.
- The selection candidates, who have passed JRF exam conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT can avail fellowship as per the rules of respective funding agency.
- Non fellowship holders will be provided Institutional fellowship of Rs. 8000/- per month which will be initiated only after successful completion of coursework and PhD. proposal presentation. It will be for 2 years only and later these students are encouraged to seek fellowship from other funding agencies.
ICMR NIRRH PhD Admission Application Process
- Application form available at the NIRRH website www.nirrh.res.in or http://www.phdappli.nirrh.res.in should be duly filled and submitted online on or before 05th July 2019.
- A printed copy of the application form should be submitted along with a nonrefundable Demand Draft for Rs. 300/- (exempted for SC/ST and differently abled candidates, providing they submit supporting documents) drawn in favour of “The Director, NIRRH” to “In-charge, Post Graduate Studies, ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012, so as to reach on or before 15th July 2019.
- The envelope should be marked as “NIRRH Ph.D. 2019”. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.
ICMR – NIRRH
ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai-400012, website www.nirrh.res.in