ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health announces Admission to PhD Program 2021-22
ICMR NIRRH PhD Admissions 2021 – ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (ICMR NIRRH) invites applications for Admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2021-22.
Interested candidates can check details on ICMR NIRRH PhD Admission 2021 from the page below.
ICMR – NIRRH
- National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai, is a premier Institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The Institute invites applications from highly motivated students having a consistently good academic record in Modern Biology for enrollment in PhD programs.
ICMR NIRRH PhD Program Admission 2021 Important Dates
Start of online application
11th January 2021
Last date for submission of online application
11th February 2021 extended to February 25, 2021
Announcement of candidates shortlisted for online Interviews
Will be intimated on the NIRRH website
Date of Interview
Will be intimated on the NIRRH website
Eligibility Criteria for ICMR NIRRH PhD Program Admission 2021
- Candidates who are Indian citizen and having Postgraduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Biochemistry /Biotechnology /Microbiology/ Zoology /Bioinformatics/Biophysics etc.) or MBBS or MD degree from India with at least 60% or equal Grade Point Average (GPA) from higher secondary (10+2) onwards for General and OBC category and 55 percent for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade).
- In case CGPA is not based on 10 point scale candidates should provide a statement issued by the respective University indicating conversion of CGPA to percent.
- Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for the qualifying exam in the academic year 2020-21 and results are awaited, are also eligible to apply.
- However, such applicants will have to submit the proof of qualifying marks at the time of the interview or if selected at the time of admission. Kindly note that registration for the PhD degree at Mumbai University will happen only after meeting the eligibility criteria of Mumbai University.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 11th January 2021 for General and EWS Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/ PWD/Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
- Reservation will be as per the UGC rules followed by University of Mumbai
ICMR NIRRH PhD Program Admission 2021 Application Process
- Application form available at the NIRRH website www.nirrh.res.in or http://www.phdappli.nirrh.res.in should be duly filled and submitted online on or before 11th February 2021
- Hard copies of the application need not be submitted to the Institute. Only duly filled online applications will be considered.
General and OBC Category
Rs. 300/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable (Non-refundable)
SC/ST/PWD & EWS
Exempted from payment of fees
Application fees which is Non-refundable have to be deposited by using net banking facilities (NEFT/IMPS). Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank
- The names of the short-listed candidates along with date and time for the interview will be displayed on the NIRRH and ICMR website.
- The list of Ph.D. guides (who have vacancy for Ph.D. students in their laboratory) and tentative title of research project to be initiated under them would be given to the shortlisted candidates. Final selection would be based on the performance in the online interview.
- The selected candidates, who have passed JRF examination conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT can avail fellowship as per the rules of respective funding agency.
- Non fellowship holders will be provided Institutional fellowship of Rs. 8000/- per month which will be initiated only after successful completion of coursework and Ph.D. proposal presentation. It will be for 2 years only and later these students are encouraged to seek fellowship from other funding agencies.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website