Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology, Bangalore announce Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Biology Admission 2019
IBAB PG Diploma in Big Data Biology Admission 2019 – Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bangalore invites applications for admission to one year Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Biology degree program for the session 2019
- Realising the need for data scientists and data engineers to handle the challenges in biological and medical data, the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is pleased to announce the launch of an innovative one – year PG Diploma Programme in ‘Big Data Biology’ in collaboration with the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-B), Bangalore and funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
See: Admission Notification and Dates
- Online Registration Starting Date: 27th August 2019
- Online Registration Closing Date: 15th October 2019
- Last Date of Payment: 15th October 2019
- Date of Mock test: 15th October to 22nd October
- Date of Exam:27th October 2019
Uniqueness of Programme
- Interdisciplinary programme with courses that strengthen the computational, statistical and engineering components required to analyse large scale data in life sciences.
- Courses handled by faculty from IBAB and IIIT-Bangalore and industry experts. Integrated learning experience involving coursework and industry and research oriented project work.
- Comprehensive curriculum comprising diverse areas in Data Science with applications in Life Sciences, including development of machine learning algorithms, genomics, imaging and image processing and clinical data analysis.
- Extensive interaction with industry including mentoring and selected teaching by subject matter experts from industry. 100% track record of placements of the two institutes and their established industry network. Curriculum with a blend of computing and life sciences that will open opportunities in diverse areas.
- Indian Nationals with B.E. / B.Tech. degree in Biotechnology / Biomedical Technology / Bioinformatics / Computer Science and Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Information Technology or equivalent degree or M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Biochemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Statistics or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% in the qualifying examination.
See: Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2019
- National level entrance examination followed by interview at IBAB.
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000 will be provided to selected candidates.
- Please contact email@example.com for details.
- All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787; Type of Account: Current Account; Name of the Bank : ICICI; Bank Branch: Electronic City; IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
- Applications to the program can be submitted online at Website www.ibab.ac.in
- Please go through the following instructions carefully before filling out the application form.
- Please provide your FULL NAME (First Name, Middle Name & Last name) as mentioned in academic certificates only; do not use any other form of your name, or provide an incomplete name.
- Please ensure a valid e-mail address is entered during initial registration. We suggest you use an account that works correctly, and which you check frequently.
- Please provide details of your academic qualifications from Class 10 onwards, as applicable.
- Please provide any relevant information regarding professional experience (jobs, internships, projects etc.), IT proficiency (knowledge of programming languages, systems and software, certification etc.), and other achievements, as appropriate.
- Applicants will have to pay a non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 1000/ – through online transfer at the end of the application process. Payment gateway charges, as indicated, will apply www.ibab.ac.in.
- An e-Hall Ticket would be emailed to the e-mail address provided in the Application Form at least 10 days before the examination date. Please ensure a valid e-mail address is provided in the form.
- Please add the e-mail address (of the email which contains the e-Hall Ticket), to your contacts.This would ensure that the e-mail is not incorrectly flagged as spam, or deleted by you.
- If you have any queries, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Application validation rules and design are based on the Advertisement requirement. Candidates are advised to read the advertisement carefully. Application submitted through On-Line form does not imply that candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement. Application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and can be rejected if found to be ineligible at any point of time.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB)
Biotech Park, Electronics City Phase I, Bangalore-560100, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 080-2852 8900/01/02, Website www.ibab.ac.in