Cotton University Guwahati announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
Cotton University Guwahati PhD Admission 2023 – Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the PhD Program offered at Cotton University, Guwahati (Assam) for the academic session 2023-22.
Cotton University Guwahati PhD Admission 2023
- Faculty of Earth Sciences – Geography, Geology
- Faculty of Human and Social Sciences – Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Education, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology
- Faculty of Languages, Literature and Linguistics – Arabic, Assamese, Bengali, Bodo English, Hindi, Persian
- Faculty of Life Sciences – Botany, Environmental Biology and Wildlife Sciences (EBWS), Zoology.
- Faculty of Physical, Chemical & Mathematical Sciences – Chemistry, Computer Science & IT (CSIT), Mathematics, Physics, Statistics
- Start Applicaton Process is 05th January 2023
- Closing Date of Submission of Application Fee is 12th January 2023
- Date of Written Examination is: 28th February 2023
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a UGC recognised University with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade, in a subject related to PhD discipline when applying.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade, from the requirement of
- Above, shall be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Differently-Abled and such other categories as specified in case of admission in an institution under Government of Assam.
- (iii) While determining the eligibility of a candidate subject to conditions (i) and (ii) above, grace marks or points awarded in the qualifying examination, if any, shall not be counted.
- Applicants having qualified for national-level scholarships such as UGC/CSIR Junior Research Fellowships may be called to attend the interview/viva-voce of the admissible discipline of the scholarship without having appeared in the written test if the number of such applicants is small.
- Candidates who had cleared NET or SLET in the related discipline within a period of two years preceding the date of this notification may be eligible for a relaxation of minimum qualifying marks in the Written Exam up to a maximum of 5%.
- Application may only be submitted ONLINE through the Website www.cottonuniversity.ac.in from 05th January 2023 onwards
- Application Fee – Rs.1200/- (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred Only)
- Payment Mode – Payment of application fee is to be made online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking only at the time of filling up the online application form.
- Selections will be via a Written Entrance Test followed by Viva-voce Written Entrance Test followed by Viva-voce separately for each Department/Discipline
- The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test is fixed at 50% as per UGC guidelines.
- The minimum qualifying mark for candidates belonging to categories mentioned in (ii) above will be 45%.candidates a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview/ viva-voce shall be given.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023