Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) announces International PhD Fellowships Program 2019
CRG International PhD Fellowship Program 2019: Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) invites application for International PhD Fellowship Program for Academic session 2019.CRG recruiting, highly talented and motivated students, with backgrounds in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics and/or computer science for CRG International PhD Fellowships Programme
Also see : Phd Admission 2019
- Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, phd symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
- Successful candidates will join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
- Bioinformatics, Genomics and Population Genomics, including methods and technology development, data integration, systems modelling and deep learning in the areas of genomics, proteomics, image bioinformatics, single-cell omics, and high throughput functional screens.
- Medical Genomics, including clinical and statistical genetics, medical and single cell genomics, molecular mechanisms of disease and disease heterogeneity, and evolutionary medicine.
- Systems Biology and Genomics, including systems neurobiology, quantitative cell biology, cellular dynamics, algorithms, methods and technology development, data integration and visualization, imaging, synthetic biology, deep learning applied to biology and human health, and single cell biology.
- Cell Biology, mechanistic and novel approaches to understand the process of cell compartmentation, division, growth, and tissue organization.
- Cellular Decision Making and Interactions, including stem cell biology, host-microbiome interactions, differentiation and disease, evolution, and immunology.
Also see : Scholarships 2019
Eligibility criteria for CRG International PhD Fellowships Program 2019
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by September 2019. Candidates who expect to be awarded with such degree by September 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment for scientific research.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Candidates invited to previous PhD call interviews are not eligible.
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 6 months before the call deadline.
- In case of doubts about the eligibility criteria, applicants should contact the Academic Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to submitting an application.
Selection Process for CRG International PhD Fellowships Program 2019
- The selection of the fellows will be based on the candidates’ academic qualifications and research excellence.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection will be based on the candidate’s CV, reference letters and on the research interests. Complete applications will be reviewed within a month after the deadline.
- Oral interviews: Short-listed candidates will receive invitations to visit the CRG for the interviews that will take place 6-9 weeks after the application deadline.
- Fellowship offers: Offers will be made to the successful candidates shortly after the interview period. Selected students will have two weeks to accept the position and should start their fellowships no later than October 1st 2019.
CRG International PhD Fellowships Program 2019 Application Process
- Applications must be submitted online
- Candidates must register in order to use the online application system.
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, Education, Coursework, Honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests and reference letters.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above mentioned languages.
- Applicants should select at minimum of 2 labs and a maximum of 5 in which they would like to work.
- Two reference letters will be automatically requested to the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
- Applicants who would like to receive the information of the call in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on + 34 93 316 01 00.
For any additional information, please contact the Academic Office at email@example.com
CRG International PhD Fellowships Program 2019 Important dates
- Call opening: 31st October 2018
- Call deadline: 13th January 2019
- Invitation for the interviews : 21st-25th January 2019
- Oral interviews 4th-7th March 2019
- Notification to candidates 11-15th March 2019
- Start date of fellowship October 2019