Dr. BR Ambedkar Open university Agra announces Admission to Phd Program 2019
BRAOU PhD Admission 2019 – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into PhD Programs for the academic year 2019
BRAOU Program Offered
PhD Programs are offered in the following subjects: Agriculture chemistry and Soil Science, Agriculture Extension, Agronomy, Animal Science, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Dairy Science, Defence Studies (Applied Pol.Sc.), Drawing and Painting, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Horticulture, Instrumentation, Law, Library and Information Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Social Work, sociology, Statics. Tourism and Hotel Management, Zoology.
BRAOU PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Written Test: Feb. 23, 2019
- Form Submission Starts: Jan. 10, 2019
- Last date for online form submission: Jan. 31, 2019
- Last date for submission of Hard Copy of form: Feb. 09, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for BRAOU PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body of the University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks (without including the grace), from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent
- relaxation of grade shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Divyang and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the State Government from time to time or
- who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the University as an integrated programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission/State Govt. from time to time.
- A candidate whose M.Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University, subject to his final result.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- For Ph.D Degree in Allied subjects, candidate must have Master’s degree in the subject relevant to the proposed research work.
BRAOU PhD Admission Process
- All admission to Ph.D. programme shall be made through an Entrance Test (except exempted category mentioned in the Ordinances).
- The students shall be granted admission to Ph.D. programmes through an entrance test conducted by the University:
- Provided that the candidates belonging to the following categories seeking admission to Ph.D. program shall be exempted from the entrance test:-
- Entrance Test on merit basis.Regular Teachers of the University and its affiliated colleges who have completed their probation period successfully.
- All students who qualify the UGC/CSIR/ICAR Fellowship/Teacher Fellowship or other central regulatory bodies for their fellowship, subject to the validity norms of the respective fellowship.
- Candidates who have GATE score of not less than 95 percentile.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air force officers of at least Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 years’ services, applying for Ph.D. in Defense Studies/ Military Studies/ Military Science.
- Candidates who have procured M.Phil. Degree with at least 55% marks from this University provided that they had been admitted to M.Phil. Program on the basis of an Entrance Test.
- Provided further that the number of exempted candidates from all above mentioned categories shall not be more than 50% of the total vacant seats in the respective subject. In case, the students from exempted categories are not available, the remaining vacant seats shall be filled by the candidates who qualify the entrance test on merit basis.
The candidates shall be admitted by a two stage process as laid down:
- An Entrance Test shall be qualified with qualifying marks as 50% (5% relaxation to SC/ST/Divyang). The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and
- 50% shall be Subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance(changes of Centers, if any, shall also be notified well in advance) at the level of the University; and
- An interview/viva-voce shall be organized by the University where the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Research Degree Committee.
- In interview/viva voce the following aspects shall be considered, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University/College;
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge
PHD Pattern of Entrance Test
Paper I Research Methodology
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions of 2 marks each based on the following topics Research Methodology,
Statistical Data Interpretation, Mental Aptitude, Numerical Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Information and Communication Technology
Paper II Subject Specific
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions of 2 marks each. The questions will be based on syllabus of NET JRF examination of UGC/CSIR/ ASRB etc
- All candidates who qualify the CET with the minimum prescribed cutoff would be called for the interview. Candidates have to report for interview at the stipulated date and time which will be declared on the University website. No individual letter would be issued for this purpose. Interview would account for 25 marks in the final merit.
General Guidelines about test
- The written test will be of 200 marks and there will be no negative marking. Candidates will have an option to appear in the test for maximum two subjects if they are eligible in both of them. The Ph.D. entrance test will be held in one sitting, 120 minutes for candidates appearing in one subject and 180 minutes for candidates appearing in two subjects.
BRAOU PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
Candidates can apply online at http://admissiondbrau.org.in/frmApplyAdmission.aspx
Steps for Application Process
Step 1 Registration
- Applicants have to fill the relevant details in the registration form available on website. Fill it and save it.
- After that Applicants will receive their Registration details in a PDF file. Applicants can preview all the entries made at this point. Take a printout of Registration form. If there is some error it can be edited or they may start the entire process again.
Step 2: Application form
- After getting Registration Number, candidate will apply for the Ph.D. program in respective subject.
Step 3: Pay fees
- After filling the form candidate will pay the requisite fee. Once they have submitted the application fee the data submitted in the registration page cannot be edited under any circumstances.
Step 4 Print Application form
- Applicants can print their complete application form with fee details. After successful payment process application form will be available on website.
Step 5 Submission of hard copy.
- Applicant shall submit the hard copy of application form along with all the relevant documents (X, XII, Graduation, Post Graduation, M.Phil., Cast etc. marksheet, degree) to: The Coordinator (Ph.D. Admission), Dept. of Mathematics, (Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University) IBS, Khandari Campus, Agra 282002