> Bengaluru Central University
> Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019, Dates, Application
Bengaluru Central University announces Admission to Phd Admission 2019
Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019 – Bengaluru Central University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral Program leading to PhD degree in the prescribed format for academic session 2019.
Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of opening of application form: 12th January 2019
- Closing date of online submission of application forms: 30th January 2019
- Date of downloading hall ticket for entrance test: 05th February 2019
- Date of entrance test: 12th February 2019
- Announcement of answer key: 16th February 2019
- Objections, if any, by the candidates for key answers, up to 5pm on 20th February 2019
- Announcement of provisional eligibility list of qualified candidate: 25th February 2019
- Date of Viva-Voce for eligible candidates: 01st March 2019
- Date of interview / counseling / admission: 11th March 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019
- Any candidate who has obtained a Postgraduate degree from a recognized university securing not less than 55% marks shall be eligible to apply for the Ph.D degree programme.
- In the case of SC/ST/Cat-I /Differently abled candidates and those who are appointed on regular basis prior to March 31,1992 as teachers / librarians and physical education personnel in colleges and university departments the minimum marks shall be 50% provided the employees are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.
- If the results of Master’s degree are declared in the form of grades/credits/cumulative grade points in their marks cards/ transcripts, such grades/ points shall be converted into percentage to assess the minimum eligibility criteria as specified above in regulations 1.1 and 1.2
- The candidates who have cleared the UGC/ UGC-CSIR JRF test / NET / SLET / SET/GATE/ M.Phil. degree through regular course work / young scientists recognized by DST/UGC/CSIR/AICTE etc./ Project fellows/Project Assistants working in a sponsored major research project /FIP /QIP/foreign candidates are exempted from the entrance test.
- Candidates who have cleared UGC/UGC-CSIR JRF Test/ NET/SLET/GATE/ M.Phil degree through regular coursework/ young scientists recognized by DST /UGC / CSIR / AICTE etc. / Research Fellows / Project Assistants working in a sponsored major research project /FIP /QIP / Foreign candidates fulfilling the requirements of eligibility as per regulations 4.1 and 4.2 governing the degree of Doctor of Philosophy 2013 are exempted from appearing entrance test. Interested candidates who are exempted from entrance test may also apply for both streams by submitting separate applications (Form A and Form B) along with prescribed fees.
- Entrance test fee Rs. 3000/-
- Fee for those who are exempted from entrance test Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST candidates and Category I candidates will get 50% discount
- Fee for foreign national Rs. 10000/-
PhD Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
- Maximum marks for the entrance test: 100
- Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions of one mark each.
- Syllabus for the entrance test shall be as per UGC-NET examination in the concerned subject.
- Duration of entrance test:120 minutes.
TEST CENTRE : Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru.
Bengaluru Central University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates should visit and browse the application form from the website www.bcu.ac.in
- Candidates should enter the required details in the application form
- For successful registration of application form, candidate should upload a valid scanned copy of the recent passport size photo and valid email address.
- The candidates shall also pay the prescribed fee online. The hall ticket will be generated only to those candidates who have made the online payment.
- Set the registered email address of the candidate. Email will contain the user name and password and other instructions to further proceed with the completion of registration process.
- Thereafter, the candidates shall download the duly filled in application form and shall retain a copy for reference and submit another to the registrar, Bengaluru Central University, Bengaluru- 560001.