Academy of Maritime Education and Training Chennai announces Admission to PhD Program for April 2021 Session
AMET University PhD Admission 2021 – Academy of Maritime Education and Training (Deemed to be University) Chennai applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the PhD Program in various disciplines for April 2021 Session
Interested candidates can check out more details on AMET University PhD Admission 2021 from the page below and apply for the same through online or offline mode.
PhD Program Offered
- AMET Business School
- Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- Marine Bio-Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Information Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Nautical Science
- Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
AMET University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of filled-in applications: 15th May 2021
- Date of Entrance Examinations for shortlisted candidates: 25th May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for AMET University PhD Admission 2021
- Two categories of PhD Programs available are: Full-time and Part-time. Eligibility criteria as given below are eligible to apply
Full-time PhD Program
- Candidates with PG qualification in the appropriate disciplines with a minimum of 55% of marks in the qualifying exams are eligible.
- Candidates under Full-time category shall do research work in AMET and shall be available during the working hours for curricular, co-curricular and related activities.
Part-time Ph.D. Program
- Candidates with PG qualification in the appropriate disciplines with a minimum of 55% of marks in the qualifying exams are eligible. Full-time teachers of AMET University / Colleges affiliated to state universities/ Deemed Universities /Govt. aided/Self-financing Polytechnic Colleges, etc.
- Candidates working in Industries/R&D organizations / National Laboratories / Govt. / Quasi Govt. / Private establishments/organizations and duly forwarded by the respective employer
- Normally the University shall issue notification for Ph.D. admission 4 times in a year (in the months of January, April, July, October).
- Incomplete applications in any respect shall be summarily rejected without any intimation to the candidate.
- The applications of the eligible candidates shall be processed by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC)/Research Admission Committee (RAC) constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
- Based on the performance in the entrance test, interview and the recommendations of the DRC/RAC, the successful candidates shall be admitted for PhD Program.
- Faculty of the candidate for the admission of Ph.D. Program shall normally be based on the PG qualification
- DRC/RAC shall approve and recommend the selected candidates for admission to the doctoral Program in the appropriate specialization, after giving due consideration to the interdisciplinary fields of research
- Selected candidates shall be provisionally admitted for Ph.D. Program in the appropriate quarterly session.
AMET University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Applications can be obtained from the Registrar, Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET) either by post or in person. Application fee Rs.1000/- is to be paid in the form of a demand draft in favor of the Academy of Maritime Education and Training payable at Chennai on or before the last date, 15-05-2021
- Applications can also be downloaded from the AMET website and filled in applications shall be submitted along with respective demand draft before the last date.
- Click the link mentioned below for
- PhD Admission Procedure https://www.ametuniv.ac.in/phd-admission-procedure.html
- Download the PhD Application Form https://www.ametuniv.ac.in/phd-forms-download.html
- Shortlisted and eligible candidates only will be called for the entrance examination and interview to be held on 25-05-2021
- Syllabus of entrance examinations can be downloaded from the AMET website
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website