Your No1 source for Latest Entrance Exams, Admission info
> Adichunchanagiri University
> Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019, Date, Eligibility, Application
Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019, Date, Eligibility, Application
Adichunchanagiri University announces Admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program 2019
Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019 – Adichunchanagiri University B.G. Nagar (Karnataka) invites application for eligible candidates for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the commencing year 2019.
Here check out on Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admissions 2019. Also look for more info on eligibility, application and dates for Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019.
PhD Program About
- The PhD Program in ACU covering all its constituent institutions. Complete and updated information on Ph.D and Doctoral training program will be available at all times on ACU website.
- The degree awarded by the institution conferred upon a candidate after having satisfactorily completed the prescribed course of study and meeting with other conditions laid down by the University, qualifies for the award of Ph.D.
Duration of the Program
- The duration of the program will be from the time of registration till the submission of Ph.D thesis. The minimum duration for the postgraduates qualified for Full Time Ph.D. shall be 3 years from the date of enrolment/ registration.
- The registration is valid for 5 years. Extension beyond 5 years’ period will be based on the recommendation of the Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC). The maximum duration shall not exceed 6 years.
Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for the receipt of filled in application forms with a fee of Rs.1000/-: 10th January 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 31st January 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019
- A candidate seeking admission to the PhD Program must have:
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent from universities/institutions approved and recognized by AICTE/PCI/UGC/ICMR/MCI.
- MD, MS, M.Pharm, Pharm. D. / Pharm. D. (Post Baccalaureate), Ayurveda program also.
- Eligibility to write ACU PhD entrance test is minimum 60% marks in respective PG-courses
Categories of Candidates
- Candidates with GPAT/ UGC-CSIR-NET-JRF/ ICMR- JRF/ DBT- JRF Fellowship or having qualified other UGC recognized national or state level eligibility test with a valid fellowship at the time of admission are eligible to take direct admission.
- Candidates who qualify the ACU entrance test for PhD Program. These candidates are eligible for grant in aid (Rs. 15000/pm + HRA or Hostel facility) instituted by ACU Ph.D. Scholarship Program. Prescribed number of fellowships per year would be awarded to eligible candidates, who would be called the ACU PhD fellows.
- Selection of shortlisted candidates would be finalized through interview.
- Candidates who work in funded projects within ACU or in research centres affiliated to ACU.
Part time candidates
- Candidates who are the faculty/employees of ACU in pursuit of advancing their academic qualification are eligible to induct into the PhD Program, upon recommendation of Research Supervisor and Doctoral Advisory Committee after passing the ACU entrance test.
- The candidates already passed in other university entrance test for PhD Program are directly eligible for admission during that year.
- Selected candidates will be paid a monthly fellowship of Rs. 15,000/- (Fifteen Thousands only) + HRA (as applicable) or free accommodation.
Adichunchanagiri University PhD Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Interested candidates may apply with all the relevant documents.
- The application form may be downloaded from the ACU website www.acu.edu.in and duly filled applications should be submitted on or before the last date along with an application fee (in the form of DD) drawn in favor of The Registrar, ACU payable at BG Nagara.
- The candidate has to pay the prescribed fee to ACU through online transfer. The details for online transfer are given below:
- Application Registration Rs.10,000/-
- PhD Program Rs.50,000/- year for Medical Course
- Rs.15000/-year for Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing & Other Courses
- Synopsis Rs.10,000/-
- Thesis Rs. 60,000/-
- Extension of synopsis/thesis submission Rs.20,000/-
- Eligibility criteria required for a Research Guide/Co-Guide are as follows.
- Only Teaching/Research faculty working full time in the Institutions/Colleges affiliated to ACU can act as a Guide. If the supervisor is from another institution/industry shall apply to ACU for the recognition as research guide.