Wildlife Institute of India (WII) announces Admission to M.Sc in Wildlife Science 2019
Wildlife Institute of India M.Sc Admission 2019 The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) invites applications from eligible Indian and foreign candidates having passion for its prestigious 2 year Master’s Degree Programme in Wildlife Science for the Year 2019.
Wildlife Institute of India
- The Wildlife Institute of India is a premier national institute in providing professional and training, research and advisory services in wildlife conservation and management. The institute is managed by Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India. WII carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Wildlife Forensics, Endangered Species, Biodiversity, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Policy, etc
See: MSc Admission 2019
Wildlife Institute of India M.Sc. Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Details of online registration and NET available on website:15th February 2019
- Online registration opens: 16th February 2019
- Online registration closes: 25th April 2019
- Declaration of result of shortlisted candidates for NET exam: 30th April 2019
- Video on Skype internet for foreign students: 2nd to 5th May 2019
- Online NET exam: 05th May 2019
- Declaration of NET exam: 15th May 2019
- Personality and Aptitude test at WII, Dehradun: 29th to 30th May 2019
- Declaration of final result of selected candidates: 03rd June 2019
- Intimation of confirmation to course director by email about joining the course: 10th June 2019
- Reporting at WII for joining the course: 29th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Wildlife Institute of India M.Sc. Admission 2019
- Bachelor’ degree in Science, Medical Science, Engineering, Veterinary Science, Agriculture, Forestry, Pharmacy, Social Science and Computer Science or degrees recognized as equivalent thereof. Applicants from the fields of Engineering, Social Science, computer Science etc. should have Biology as one of the subjects in Higher Secondary Education Board or other equivalent board. Minimum of 15 years of formal education (either 10+2+3 or 11+2+2).
- Candidates who have completed the graduation degree in any of the above disciplines with a pass certificate, or who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying (final) bachelor’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited may also apply. However, they need to provide their Graduation Pass Certificate prior to the registration in the course at Saurashtra University, tentatively by 1st August 2019, failing which the admission will stand, cancelled.
- The minimum qualifying marks to become eligible to appear for the written examination is 50 percent in aggregate at B.Sc. level for general category and OBC candidates (both Indian and foreign nationals) and 45 percent in aggregate for SC/ST candidates.
- Not more than 25 years as on 1st July 2019 with 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST.
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear for an online National Eligible Test (NET).
- Shortlisted candidates based on NET screening will be called to take a Personality and Aptitude Test (PAT) and interview at Dehradun on 29-30 May 2019. Final selection to the course will be made on the basis of combined merit of 70% marks obtained in the NET and 30% of PAT. Shortlisted candidates belonging to “General Category” will be interviewed on 29 May, 2019, while shortlisted reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates will be interviewed on 30 May, 2019.
- The selected Indian nationals will have to confirm their joining in the course i.e. acceptance of selection offer positively by 10 June, 2019 by email. Failing which, the waitlisted candidates in appropriate lists will be offered the seat.
For foreign Nationals
- All eligible foreign candidates will be interviewed through Skype or video conferencing following their final selection will be made. The tentative dates through web conferencing are between 2-5 May, 2019.
- Total No. of Questions: 100, the question paper will have following sections:
- Section 1- 30 MCQ based on General Awareness including Current Affairs, Quantitative skills, English Language and Computer knowledge.
- Section 2- 40 MCQ on environment, Forest, wildlife and conservation issues.
- Section 3- 200 word essay on environmental, forest, wildlife and conservation issues.
- Shortlisted candidates based on NET will be called for interview.
- Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Mumbai, Delhi, Lucknow, Dehradun, Ranchi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Aizwal and Jammu.
See: Latest Entrance Exam 2019 Notification
- Candidate will be able to download their Admit card from the official website.
Wildlife Institute of India M.Sc. Admission 2019 Application Process
- The entire process for registration and NET is Online. Details for online registration and NET are likely to appear on the WII’s website (https://bit.ly/2hENjYp) latest by 15th February 2019
- Interested candidates/applicants are advised to regularly check WII’s website for latest updates and link for online registration. The online registration process will be open w.e.f 16th Feb 2019 to 25th April 2019.
- All eligible candidates are advised to follow the latest updates on the WII’s website (https://bit.ly/2hENjYp) for online registration of applicants, submission of application and payment of application processing fee, etc.
- Candidates will make the payment of application processing fee (Rs.1000/- only) through the prescribed "Payment Gateway".
- All eligible foreign candidates are required to pay an application-processing fee of US$ 200 or equivalent. However, SAARC nationals are required to pay US$ 100 or equivalent
- The amount can be transferred electronically to WII account. The e-banking details are: Union Bank of India; Beneficiary – Director, Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun; Account No. 518502010000001; IFSC Code: UBIN0551856; Swift Code: UBININBBDER; Purpose: M.Sc. Wildlife Science Application Fee
- Details of e-banking/fee transfer need to be mentioned in application.
See: Top MSc Nursing colleges in India
Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun
(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt of India), Chandrabani, Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand, Tel 0135-2640111, Fax 0135-2640117, Email email@example.com, Website https://wiienvis.nic.in