University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Library and Information Science for Session 2022
Calcutta University PhD Library & Information Science Admission 2022 – Calcutta University has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into PhD Program in Library and Information Science offered at the Department of Library and Information Science for the session 2022-23
Interested and eligible candidates who have checked and read the complete instruction about the application, read the selection process can fill their application form.
Calcutta University PhD Library & Information Science Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Last date of submission of application forms is 6th January, 2023 (11:59PM)
- No application will be entertained received after 6th January, 2023 (11:59 PM)
- The result of written test and list: 16th January 2023
- Departmental Notice Board: 2nd week of February, 2023 (tentative)
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University PhD Library & Information Science Admission 2022
- Master’s Degree with at least 65% marks in aggregate or its equivalent Grade-B in UGC -7 points scale.
- Candidates who have qualified in NET/SET/M. Phil or equivalent examinations.
- Candidates with NET/SET/M. Phil are not required to appear in the written test but needs to appear in the interview.
Number of seats
- The number of seats for the Ph. D. program for 2022 is Eleven (11).
- Reservation of SC/ST/PH/OBC etc will be as per 100 points roster applicable as per the rules of the West Bengal Higher Education Institutions (reservation in admission) rules, 2013.
Calcutta University PhD Library & Information Science Admission 2022 Application Process
- Application Form can be downloaded at the official website https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- The candidates should download the ‘application form’ from the university website for the admission test and interview and submit the same along with the Online payment receipt of the application fee of Rs. 100/- to the department. (12 Noon to 4 pm).
- For further detailed information, applicants may go through the University of Calcutta website: www.caluniv.ac.in
- An application fee of Rs. 100/- is to be submitted online through SBI Collect (https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect)
- Admissions will be made on the basis of a written test, of three hours duration followed by an interview.
- Candidates must obtain qualifying marks in each paper (General – 60% marks, OBC-A & OBC-B – 54% marks, and SC/ST/PH – 45% marks) to qualify for an interview.
- Candidates with NET/SET/M. Phil is not required to appear in the written test but needs to appear in the interview.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website