University of Calcutta announces Admission to PhD Program in Arabic and Persian for Session 2022, Apply now
University of Calcutta PhD in Arabic and Persian Admission 2022 – University of Calcutta invites applications from interested candidates for admission into PhD Course in Arabic and Persian for the academic year 2022.
University of Calcutta PhD in Arabic and Persian Admission 2022
- Last date of form submission : 30th November, 2022.
- Entrance Test : 05th December, 2022 at 1.00 pm,
- Publication of result of the entrance test : 7th December, 2022
- Interview/ viva-voce will be conducted on : 13th December, 2022 at 1.00 pm
- Publication of the list of selected candidates : 23rd December, 2022
- Master’s degree holders in Arabic and Persian with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 7 point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply. 5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) /Differently abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
- Application Form downloaded through https://www.caluniv.ac.in/
- Filled in application forms, accompanied by the Online Payment Receipt of Rs.100/- should be submitted in hard copy to the office of the Department of Arabic and Persian, Asutosh Building, 3rd Floor, 87/1 College Street, Kolkata -700073 on all working days during office time.
- Selection will be based on the written test and interview.
- The Written Examination of Three – hour duration shall comprise 1 long Question of 20 marks, 25 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 Marks each, from the core subjects; and 30 marks for a Research Methodology Type Essay in the respective subject languages. There will be no negative markings.
- Long Questions and MCQ would be based on the Master’s level syllabus in Arabic and Persian.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
- Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks.
- Candidates who have already passed NET/SET/M. Phil examinations/ obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship are exempted from written examination, they can directly appear in the interview/ viva-voce.
- Interview/ viva-voce of the eligible candidates would take place in the office of the HoD on 13th December; 2022.at 1.00 pm. Candidates must produce a well-structured research Proposal during the interview (not more than 1500 words).
- The list of qualified candidates for enrolment to the PhD program would be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board as well as on the University website tentatively by 23rd December, 2022 (subject to the approval of the appropriate authority).
- At present 13 candidates (06 in Arabic and 07 in Persian) against available vacancies will be enrolled, if qualified, as Probationary Ph.D. students under the empanelled supervisors. However, Relevant National/State Reservation policy shall be strictly followed in this process.
For more details and apply please visit the official website
- Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
- PhD Admission and Entrance Exam Notifications 2023
- Admission Notification and Dates 2023