Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) announces Admission to M.V.Sc Program 2019-20
SVVU MVSc Admission 2019-20 – Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) Tirupati invites applications from eligible candidates for admission into M.V.Sc Course for the academic year 2019-20.
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati founded in 2005, is the fulfillment of a dream which had been long remained unrealized. The first seeds of the Veterinary University in Andhra Pradesh may be said to have been sown in 1955, by establishing the first Veterinary College at Bapatla.
- Subsequently, the College was shifted to Tirupati during 1957 under the control of Sri Venkateswara University
- The University imparts instruction leading to the PG Degree Courses in the faculty of Veterinary Science at its constituent colleges at Tirupati, Gannavaram and Proddatur.
Also See : Admissions Notification
SVVU MVSc Admission 2019-20 Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 11th November 2019
- Last date for receipt of Applications: 13th December 2019
- Date of Entrance Test for M.V.Sc admissions: 08th January 2020
- Display of Merit list: 10th January 2020
- Date of counseling for M.V.Sc course: 18th January 2020
- Registration of 1st semester for M.V.Sc course during the Academic year 2019-2020: 22nd January 2020
Institutions under S.V.V.U
i) Teaching Institutions:
- College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati
- NTR College of Veterinary Science, Gannavaram, Krishna District
- College of Veterinary Science, Proddatur, Kadapa District
- College of Veterinary Science, Garividi.
- College of Fishery Science, Muthukur, SPS, Nellore Dist.
- College of Dairy Technology, Tirupati.
- College of Dairy Technology, Patavala
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Palamaner, Chittoor District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Madakasira, Anantapur District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Garividi, Vizianagaram District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Venkatramannagudem, W.G.District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Rapur, Nellore District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Banavasi, Kurnool District
- Fisheries Polytechnic, Bhavadevarapally, Krishna District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Narasaraopet, Guntur District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Singarayakonda, Prakasam District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Nagayalanka, Krishna District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Etcherla, SSR Puram, Srikakulam District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Pallavolu, Proddatur, Kadapa District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Piridi, Bobbili (MD), Vizianagaram District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic , Anantapuram, Anantapuram District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic , Patavala, Thallarevu, Kakinada, East Godavari
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic , Allagadda, Kurnool District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Abbavaram, Kadapa District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Takkolu, Kadapa District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Jammalamadugu, Kadapa District
- Fisheries Polytechnic, Takkolu, Kadapa District
- Fisheries Polytechnic , Darimadugu, (Md), Markapur, Prakasam District
- Fisheries Polytechnic , Lahari Fisheries Polytechnic, Patavala, East Godavari District
- Fisheries polytechnic, Lalitha Fisheries Polytechnic, Patavala, Kakinada
- Fisheries Polytechnic, Srihari Pasupalla, Kurnool Dist.
- Fisheries Polytechnic, BRES, Markapur
- Fisheries Polytechnic, Vikas, Etcherla, Srikakulam
- Dairy Processing Polytechnic, Vadlamudi, Guntur District.
Livestock Research Stations:
- Livestock Research Station, Palamaner, Chittoor District
- Livestock Research Station, Lam Farm, Guntur.
- Livestock Research Station, Garividi, Vizianagaram District
- Buffalo Research Station, Venkataramannagudem, West Godavari District.
- AICRP on Pigs, College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati
- Livestock Research Station, Mahanandi, Kurnool District
- Livestock Research Station, Siddarampuram, Anantapur District
- State Level Diagnostic Laboratory, CVSc ,Tirupati
- Sheep and Goat Research station, Banavasi, Kurnool District
- Fisheries Research Stations:
- Fisheries Research Station, Kakinada, East Godavari District
- Fisheries Research Station, Undi, West Godavari District.
- Instructional Research and Aquafarm, Balabhadrapuram, East Godavari District.
Krishi Vignan Kendra, Guntur
Centre for Continuing Veterinary Education and Communication.
Number of Seats
- Applications are invited from the candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh for 85% seats. The 15% of seats are open for candidates of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana provided the latter appear for Entrance Test conducted by SVVU. However candidates from Telangana are not eligible for stipend.
- Animal Genetics & Breeding (AGB) – 5 Seats
- Animal Nutrition (ANN) – 6 & EWS-1 Seats
- Livestock Production Management (LPM) – 6 & EWS-1 Seats
- Livestock Products Technology (LPT) – 5 Seats
- Poultry Science (PSC) – 2 Seats
- Veterinary Anatomy (VAN) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education (AHE) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary Biochemistry (VBC) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics (VGO) – 3+1* & EWS-1 Seats
- Veterinary Medicine (VMD) – 4 & EWS-1 Seats
- Veterinary Microbiology (VMC) – 5 & EWS-1 Seats
- Veterinary Parasitology (VPA) – 6 & EWS-1 Seats
- Veterinary Pathology (VPP) – 6 & EWS-1 Seats
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology (VPT) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary Physiology (VPY) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology (VPE) – 4 Seats
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology (VSR) – 7 & EWS-1
- Total: Gen-80 EWS-8
Eligibility Criteria for SVVU MVSc Admission 2019-20
- Candidates seeking admission into Master’s Degree courses must have passed the relevant Bachelor’s Degree examination specified against from Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University /ANGR Agricultural University / institution accredited by ICAR/VCI.
- Qualification: B.V.Sc & A.H
- In the above qualifying examination, the candidates must have secured minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 for general category (for SC/ST/PH-5.00/10.00) or 2.50/4.00 for general category (2.00/4.00 in case of SC/ST/PH ) or 60% marks in traditional system (for SC/ST/PH-55%).
- Only residents of AP are eligible for admission except in case of ICAR Quota.
- Candidates with PG qualification are eligible for admission into second PG programme but such candidates are not eligible for stipend. Candidates who are already prosecuting MVSc are eligible to apply for PG admission in another discipline. But stipend paid with interest will be recovered and his/her earlier admission shall stand cancelled irrespective of stage of standing. However such candidates are eligible for stipend in fresh course.
- The upper age limit is 40 years as on 01st July 2019
- Reservation for Local & Non-Local candidates: Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to different local areas of the state shall be as per rules.
- Reservation for S.C, S.T and B.C. candidates: 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats in each course of study shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and BC respectively as per the existing Government rules.
- Physically challenged candidates: 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates as per the Government norms.
- Reservation for women: 1/3rd of the total seats shall be reserved for women. If no female candidate is available it will be filled up by male. A combined roster will be maintained.
- The selection of the candidates shall be based on the previous academic record (B.V.Sc & A.H) –30%, performance in PG Entrance Test- (70%).
- The entrance test of 2 (two) hours duration shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the concerned Bachelor degree requirements of this University as per VCI MSVE-2008 Regulations.
- The Entrance Examination paper contains only 200 multiple choice questions. The candidates have to mark answers by darkening circles on OMR sheet.
- The candidates getting 40% or more marks in entrance test only are eligible for admission. However, in case of SC/ST/PH candidates, there are no minimum qualifying marks and candidates are admitted to the extent of seats reserved for them. SC/ST/PH candidates claiming seats under general category have to obtain at least 40% marks in the entrance test.
- Note: In case of a tie, marks secured in Entrance Test, OGPA of BVSc & AH and finally date of birth in that order shall be considered to break the tie
- The candidates applying for admission should appear for Entrance Test and counseling at their own expenses.
- Information about the qualifying candidates in entrance test cum merit list will be displayed on University website www.svvu.edu.in
SVVU MVSc Admission 2019-20 Application Process
- The applications shall be downloaded from the University website, www.svvu.edu.in.
- The downloaded and duly filled in downloaded application along with attested copies of required certificates and copy of the counterfoil of Registration Fee paid @ Rs.1200/-, (Rs.600/- in case of SC/ST/PH candidates) exclusive of commission charges of Bank through online preferably in Andhra Bank or any Nationalized bank favouring COMPTROLLER, SVVU, payable at Andhra Bank, Thummalagunta branch, Tirupati, Account No:209810100016530, IFSC Code:ANDB0002098 having UTR No./Transaction ID , should reach the Registrar, SVVU, Administrative Office, Dr.Y.S.R. Bhavan, Tirupati – 517 502 on or before 13.12.2019 by 4.00 p.m. either in person or by Registered Post with Acknowledgement due.
- Application received after this due date will summarily be rejected.
- Candidates who are in employment should send their applications through proper channel. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
- The list of eligible candidates for entrance examination will be displayed on University Website on 23rd December 2019
- The hall tickets can be obtained from PG section, Administrative Office, SVVU during working days and working hours from 04th to 07th January 2020.
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU), Tirupati, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Post Graduate Studies Regulations, 2009 (as amended up to 11-05-2012), Dr Y.S.R, Bhavan, Tirupati-517502, Tel.: 0877-2248006, Website www.svvu.edu.in