Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) announces Joint Entrance Test (JET) 2021 for Admission to PG Diploma Programs
RFTI PGD Admission – Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata, the premiere centre for cinematic learning has released the notification for admission to its various Post Graduate Diploma Programs for academic session 2021 through All India Level written exam JET (Joint Entrance Test).
Program under the Film Wing Group
- Producing for Film and Television 3 Year; Animation Cinema 3 Year; Art Direction & Production Design 3 Year; Screen Acting 2 Year; Screenwriting (Film, TV and Web Series) 2 Year; Electronic and Digital Media Management 2 Year
- Direction and Screenplay writing 3 Year; Cinematography 3 Year; Editing 3 Year PG Diploma; SRFTI &; Sound recording and Design 3 Year PG Diploma SRFTI & FTII*
Program under the Television Wing
- Direction & Producing for EDM – 2 Year; Direction 1 Year; Cinematography for EDM 2 Year; Electronic Cinematography 1 Year; Editing for EDM 2 Year; Video Editing 1 Year; Sound for EDM 2 Year; Sound Recording and Television Engineering 1 Year; 15 Writing for EDM 2 Year
SRFTI PGD Admission Dates 2021
- Start Date of Registration: 03rd November 2021 (4:00 PM onwards)
- Last Date of Registration: 02nd December 2021 (11:00 PM)
- Release of Admit Card: 08th December 2021
- Date of the Examination- Group A: 18th December 2021 (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Date of the Examination- Group B: 19th December 2021 (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
- Date of the Examination- Group C: 19th December 2021 (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
SRFTI PGD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Courses under the Film Wing Group
- Minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for application for all courses (except Sound Recording & Sound Design and Art Direction & Production Design) in film wing group is Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. For Sound Recording & Sound Design and Art Direction & Production Design, the eligibility is as under:
- Sound Recording & Sound Design: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level
- Art Direction & Production Design: Bachelor’s degree in applied arts, architecture, painting, sculpture, interior design or related fields in fine arts or equivalent diploma from a recognized institute in any of the above
Courses under the TV Wing Group
- The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for application for all courses (except Sound Recording & Television Engineering and Sound for Electronic & Digital Media) in TV wing group is Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. For Sound Recording & Television Engineering and Sound for Electronic & Digital Media, the eligibility is as under:
- Sound Recording & Television Engineering/Sound for Electronic and Digital Media: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Physics as a subject at senior secondary (10+2) level. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree, and awaiting results.
SRFTI PGD Admission Application Process 2021
- Interested candidates can visit the official website: https://applyadmission.net/jet2021 to apply.
- The detailed registration guidelines are available on the JET website.
- JET Website – https://applyadmission.net/jet2021/
- FTII Website – https://ftiindia.com/
- SRFTI Website – https://srfti.ac.in/
- JET Registration Fee shall be accepted through online modes of payment i.e. Debit Card/Credit Card only.
- Any one Course i.e. under group A/B/C Rs.4000/- and SC/ST/PwD – Rs.1250/-
- For two courses (one subject from each group) A & B or B & C or C & A Rs.8000/- (Rs.4000+4000) and SC/ST/PwD – Rs.2500/- (1250 + 1250)
- Three courses (one subject from each group) A, B & C Rs.10000/- (4000 + 4000 + 2000) and SC/ST/PwD – Rs.3125/- (1250 + 1250 + 625)
- Admission process consists of the nationally administered Joint Entrance Test (JET), and subsequent rounds of Orientation/Interview
- The students are selected on the basis of their JET scores, and performance in the orientation & interviews.
- Candidates should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by both institutes.
- Performance in the JET 2021 exam is an important component for consideration in the selection process.
Scheme of Written Exam
- The examination will be of 3 hours’ duration.
- Exam of all film wing courses, i.e. Paper Nos. 1 to 9, will be conducted in the morning session (3 hours, 100 marks).
- Similarly, exam for all the TV wing courses (FTII) and EDM courses (SRFTI) i.e. Paper Nos. 10 to 15 will be conducted in the afternoon session. (3 hours, 100 marks).
- Each Question Paper will consist of a maximum 100 marks, which will be further subdivided into 30 marks for Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 70 marks for Descriptive Answers.
- NOTE: A candidate is allowed to apply for only one course in the Film Wing group and only one course from the Television (FTII) / Electronic and Digital Media (SRFTI) group.
- Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of JET 2021 will be required to undergo Medical test as per the selection criteria of both institutes which will be conducted by the Medical Officer(s) appointed by the respective institutes.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website