PGIMER Chandigarh announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program for January 2023 session
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2023 – Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh invites application for admission to Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered for academic session beginning in January 2023.
Interested candidates can fill the online application on or before November 11, 2022. Check out for details on PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees, selection and more.
- Starting date for online application registration : 22nd October 2022
- Last Date for filling form & payment of Online Application : 11th November 2022
- Date & Time of Online Exam Computer Based Test (CBT) : 02nd December 2022
- Tentative Date & Time of Declaration of Result : 12th December 2022
- Date & Time of Counseling (tentative) 23rd December 2022
- General Eligibility: A Candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- For Medical Sciences: MBBS/MDS/Master of Physio-therapy with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomate of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt. Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS /MDS/Master of Physio-therapy degree from Medical Colleges not recognized by the Medical Council of India/NMC are not eligible for admission.
- For Non Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences: The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible:
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its equivalent/ examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes/Universities recognized by the UGC are eligible.
- For Non Medical/Life Sciences: A Postgraduate degree of Master of Science (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics) and ME/M.Tech.
- For Social & Behavioral Sciences: The candidates having Postgraduate degree in the following subjects are eligible for Social & Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. OR
- MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH, Audiology and Speech Therapy. OR
- Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification. And
- As regard to eligibility of the candidates having their own fellowship with stipends from various funding agencies, they shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam. Attested copy of the result/fellowship award letter must be attached.
- * Candidates with the fellowship from a project (Either independent or in Extramural Project are NOT exempted from entrance examination (CBT).
- For Sponsored Candidates: Candidates applying for admission as a sponsored/deputed candidate are required to furnish the following certificates/undertaking with his/her application from his/her employer for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned is a regular employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for at least three years.
- After getting the training at PGI, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/ sponsoring authority to work at least for five years in the specialty in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI,Chandigarh.
- That no financial implications in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course. Such payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.pgimer.edu.in.
- Candidates should fill in the Online Application form correctly. Incorrectly filled forms may lead to rejection.
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in.
- The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling the online application form.
- For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- For SC/ST Category: Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking (Payment through UPI may be avoided)
- The 1st part of Method of selection i.e. aptitude test comprises (a) General Science (b) English, (c) Biostatistics & Research Methodology (d) Mental Ability of total 40 marks. All questions in this part are compulsory with each question carrying one mark.
- The 2nd part of Stream Specific (Medical, Non Medical (Life Science and Social behavioral Sciences), exam. There will be 100 questions of various disciplines and the candidates have to attempt 40 of them.
- There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
Entrance Test Pattern
- Mode of Exam : Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam : 90 Minutes Part I & II
- Date of Exam : 2.12.2022, 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM (90 Minutes)
- Number of Shifts : 01 (One)
- Exam Centres : Chandigarh (Tricity) & Delhi (NCR)
- Language of Paper : English
- Type of Question : Objective Type
- Marking Scheme
- Correct Answer: One Marks(+): 1
- Incorrect Answer : Minus one-fourth(-): ¼
- Unanswered/Marked for Review :- 0
- Distribution of Questions
- Part-I Aptitude Tests Covering General Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology and Mental Ability = 40 Marks
- Part-II Stream specific (Non Medical Sciences or; Social & Behavioral Sciences) exam there will be 100 questions of various disciplines and the candidates have to attempt 40 of them.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website