Panjab University Chandigarh announces Entrance Test for Admission to PhD Program 2022
Panjab University PhD Admission 2022 – Panjab University, Chandigarh invites application admission to Ph.D in the Faculties of Arts, Design & Fine Arts, Engineering, Education, Languages, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science program for the academic Session 2022.
Panjab University PhD Admission 2022
- Date of Availability of Prospectus and Entrance Test Form on the website http://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in : 15th September 2022
- Last date for submission of information on the website to generate Login ID and Password : 12th October 2022
- Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode : 14th October 2022
- Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website : 17th October 2022
- Final date by which Roll Nos.: will be available online : 28th October 2022
- Candidates who have not completed their form but have paid their requisite fee, can complete their form (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) by paying late fee of Rs. 500/- : 02nd November 2022
- Date of holding Entrance Test : 05th November 2022
- Centre for Entrance Test : Chandigarh only
- Uploading of Answer Key (at http://exams.puchd.ac.in/show-noticeboard.php) and inviting Objections (through e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org ) : 23rd November 2022
- Last date of submission of objections to the Answer Key : 25th November 2022
- Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections (through e-mail only) : 02nd December 2022
- Last date of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer Key : 04th December 2022
- Date and mode of declaration of result : 27th December 2022 The result will be posted on the P.U. website and the same could be downloaded. No seprate result cards will be issued to the candidates by the office
- Candidates for admission to the programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC (non-creamy layer)/ PwD and other categories of candidates.
Faculty Of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor degree of Pharmacy.
- Master’s degree of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmaceutics/ Pharmacognosy / Pharmacology / Pharmaceutical analysis / Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance/ Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance / Drug Discovery and Drug Development OR
- Master’s degree (M.Pharm., M.Sc., M.S., M.Tech. program) related to subjects listed under 1-b viz. Master’s degree in Industrial Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Technology / Regulatory Affairs/ Pharmaceutical biotechnology /Pharmacy Practice / Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine / Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmacoinformatics / Natural Products / Traditional medicine / clinical research / Technology (Formulations) / Pharmacology & Toxicology / Pharm. Technology (Process Chemistry) / Regulatory Toxicology / Pharm. Technology (Biotechnology) etc. related to subjects listed under 1-b above with equivalence of course content. The equivalence shall be examined and decided by the Academic Committee of the UIPS.
Faculty Of Arts, Education, Languages, Science, Design And Fine Arts
- Any candidate who has passed the Master’s examination in the concerned subject with a score of not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in aggregate, or have appeared in the final year examination of Master’s degree in the subject concerned from Panjab University, Chandigarh or from any other University (approved by the appropriate Academic Bodies of P.U.), shall be eligible to appear for the Ph.D. Entrance Test.
For more eligibility criteria please check prospectus
- Prospectus and Entrance Test Form Available on the website http://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in
- Please Read Instructions and Eligibility Criteria carefully before registration.
- General Category Rs. 2175/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category Rs. 1088/-
- The medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only, except in the test for language other than English.
- Test for Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work, Police Administration and Music will be conducted in the medium of English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- The Test shall consist of 2 papers in each subject as detailed below: –
- Paper-I (Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions)
- Duration: One Hour
- Maximum Marks: 50
- Number of questions: 50
- Questions to be attempted: 50
- Each question will carry one mark. There will be no negative marking.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be 25 questions on Research Methodology in Part A and 25 MCQs on Subject specialization in Part B).
- Paper-II (Subjective / Descriptive Type)
- Duration: Two Hours
- Maximum Marks: 50
- Number of questions: 08
- Questions to be attempted: 05
- Each question will carry ten marks.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: (There will be FOUR questions on Research Methodology in Part A and FOUR questions on Subject Specialization in Part B in Paper II.
- Out of that the candidate is expected to attempt FIVE questions at least two questions from each Part in Paper II).
- Use of calculators for Paper-II is allowed. However, use of a programmable calculator is not allowed.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website