North Eastern Hill University (NEHU) announces Admission to MA, MCom, M.Sc., M.Lib.Sc, M.Ed., LLM, PG Diploma, MPhil & PhD for session 2019
NEHU PG Admission 2019 – North-Eastern Hill University has invited applications for admission to PG Courses of study for the academic session commencing from August 2019.
Also See : Admission Notification
NEHU PG Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application forms (M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./M.Lib.I.Sc./M.Ed./ LL.M.) and Diploma Courses: 5th August 2019
- Last date for submission of application forms for M.Phil/Ph.D. Program: 16th August 2019
Courses Offered at NEHU
- Master of Arts (M.A) in Anthropology, Adult & Continuing Education, Economics, Education, English, Folkloristics, Geography, History, Hindi, Journalism & Mass Communication, Khasi, Linguistics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology
- M.Sc. (Master of Science) in Anthropology, Botany/Plant Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental, Science, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, & Zoology
- M.Com (Master of Commerce)
- M.LISc (Master of Library & Information Science)
- M.Ed. (Master of Education)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- P.G. Diploma in Painting / P.G. Diploma in Music under the Department of Cultural & Creative Studies, P.G. Diploma in Geoinformatics under the Department of Geography.
- M. Phil in History, Hindi, Mathematics, Linguistics, Statistics
- PhD in Anthropology, Adult & Continuing Education, Biochemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Commerce, Education, Environmental Science, Economics, English, Electronic & Communication Engineering, Folkloristics, Geography, History, Hindi, Khasi, Library & Information Science, Law, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Physics, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Linguistics, Tourism & Hotel Management, Nanotechnology, Energy Engineering and Journalism & Mass Communication
Tura Campus Course offered
- M.A. (Master of Arts): English Education, Garo, History & Archaeology
- M.Sc. (Master of Science): Rural Development & Agricultural Production
- M. Phil in Rural Development & Agricultural Production, Garo, History & Archaeology
- PhD in Education, Rural Development & Agricultural Production, Garo, English and Horticulture, Management, Agribusiness Management and Food Technology
Eligibility Criteria NEHU PG Admission 2019
- Biomedical Engineering: M.E./M.Tech. in Biomedical engineering/ Biotechnology/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Mechanical/Computer/ Instrumentation and Control Engineering/Nanotechnology or M.Sc. in Biomedical instrumentation, Electronics, Biophysics, Instrumentation candidates having completed M.Tech. degree in the above area or M.D./M.S. or student with Master‟s Degree in Physiotherapy (2 years program) from any UGC recognized University or equivalent. Eligibility criteria for qualifying degree applicable as per NEHU norms. (a) In case of candidates having MD/MS degree, if their marks are not available then MBBS degree marks will be considered for selection (b) the admission will be based on the combined entrance test and interview conducted by the department (c) Admission will be as per applicable NEHU Norms.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: Candidates with 55% marks for general and 50% marks for SC/ST at the M.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent or allied/cognate subjects are eligible for admission.
- Information Technology: Candidates who have passed M.E./M.Tech. in IT/CSE/ECE/EE or MCA or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Electronics having secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates), GATE/NET qualified candidates will be given preference. “No Objection Certificate” from the employers should be submitted by in-service candidates with the application form.
- Energy Engineering: candidates who have passed M.Tech./M.E. in Energy Engineering, Energy Technology, Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Management and Auditing Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation and control Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or M.Sc. in Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Management and Auditing from any UGC recognized University or equivalent having secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) applicable as per NEHU norms.The admission will be based on the combined entrance test and interview conducted by the department.
- Nanotechnology: Candidate who has passed M.Tech. in Nanotechnology/ Biochemical/Biomedical/Biotechnology/ Chemical/ECE/Energy/ Metallurgical Engineering or M.Sc. in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology/Physics/Chemistry/Material Science/ Biotechnology having 60% marks or equivalent CGP (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates). GATE/NET qualified candidates will be given preference.
- Tourism & Hotel Management: Candidates with at least 55% marks or a minimum of ‘B’ grade (CGPA) in the 7 point UGC Scale at the Master’s Degree level or equivalent will be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the same or cognate subject. However, in cases of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, the minimum percentage/CGPA may be relaxed to the extent provided by the Government of India policy on such matters. Further, subject to availability of vacancies, candidates from disciplines/subjects other than those dealt by the concerned department/centres may be admitted, provided they belong to allied/cognate subject and that expertise in such subject available in the department/centre.
- Management: Selection for admission to Ph.D. Programme in the Departments will be as per rules of the University.
- Agribusiness Management and Food Technology: Candidates with at least 55% marks or a minimum of “B” grade (CGPA) in the 7 point UGC Scale at the Master’s Degree Level or Equivalent will be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the same or cognate subject. However, in cases of candidates belong to SC/ST categories, the minimum percentage/CGPA may be relaxed to the extent provided by the Government of India policy on such matters. Further, subject to availability of vacancies, candidates from disciplines/subjects other than those dealt by the concerned Department/Centres may be admitted, provided they belong to allied/cognate subject and the expertise in such subject available in the Department/Centre.
For more details on eligibility criteria visit website www.nehu.ac.in
NEHU PG Admission 2019 Application Process
- Students applying for courses/programmes in Shillong as well in Tura Campus are requested to apply online on payment of Rs.500/- and Rs.250/- (for SC/ST category) by visiting this University Website www.nehu.ac.in and the payment will be online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking through SBI and HDFC Bank. The admission fee is not refundable.
- Application received after the specified date will not be entertained. For other details including eligibility criteria for admission, the candidates may consult the Prospectus of the University available in the University Website www.nehu.ac.in
- A Help Desk in the Computer Centre will assist students who need help for applying online admission for various courses/programme. Students may contact these telephone numbers 272-4000, 272-5000 and the e-mail email@example.com. or go directly to Computer Centre, NEHU for any assistance.
Note: All applicants are required to contact their respective departments for inquiries relating to entrance test, group discussions, interview etc., if applicable.
North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Umshing Mawkynroh Shillong-793022, Meghalaya, Vice Chancellor-(0364)-2721001/2550101, Website www.nehu.ac.in