|PhD Buzz: Join the VIP Club for Instant Updates on Admissions and Entrance Exams!|
North Bengal University (NBU) announces Admission to MPhil and PhD Program 2020
North Bengal University MPhil PhD Admission 2020 – North Bengal University, Darjeeling, a State University in West Bengal, has invited Online Applications are invited for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme for the Academic year 2020.
No. of Seats
- Both PhD and MPhil seats are available in more than 27 departments. The total number of PhD seats are 281 while the total number of MPhil seats 191.
Department wise intake for Ph.D. Programme
- Bengali 15 Seats
- Centre for Himalayan Studies 04 Seats
- Commerce 10 Seats
- Economics 06 Seats
- English 08 Seats
- Hindi 05 Seats
- History 12 Seats
- Law 10 Seats
- Library and Information Science 06 Seats
- Nepali 09 Seats
- Philosophy 12 Seats
- Political Science 06 Seats
- Sociology 02 Seats
- Anthropology 05 Seats
- Bio-technology 10 Seats
- Botany 27 Seats
- Chemistry 45 Seats
- Computer Science & Application 10 Seats
- Geography & Applied Geography 21 Seats
- Mathematics 06 Seats
- Physics 10 Seats
- Zoology 11 Seats
- Food Technology 04 Seats
- Education 05 Seats
- Pharmaceutical & Technology 10 Seats
- Tea Science 06 Seats
Department wise Maximum intake of M.Phil. Programme
- Faculty Council for P.G. Studies in Arts, Commerce and Law, University of North Bengal
- Political Science 10 Seats
- History 11 Seats
- Economics 07 Seats
- Hindi 06 Seats
- English 10 Seats
- Philosophy 10 Seats
- Bengali 16 Seats
- Law 05 Seats
- Sociology 04 Seats
- Commerce 08 Seats
- Nepali 09 Seats
- BLIS 03 Seats
- Centre for Himalayan Studies 10 Seats
Faculty Council for P.G. Studies in Science, University of North Bengal
- Physics 8 Seats
- Mathematics 5 Seats
- Chemistry 12 Seats
- Zoology 10 Seats
- Computer Science 10 Seats
- Biotechnology 5 Seats
- Geography and Applied Geography 15 Seats
- Anthropology 4 Seats
- Tea Science 5 Seats
- Botany 8 Seats
Also See Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for North Bengal University MPhil PhD Admission 2020
- As per North Bengal University Regulations relating to M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes [Framed in compliance with the UGC (minimum standards and procedures for the award of M.Phil. / Ph. D. degrees) Regulations, 2016]
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Program
- Any Master of Arts, Commerce, Law, Science, Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy or any other discipline of the University of North Bengal or of any other University whose degree has been recognized by this University on the basis of the list prepared by the Equivalence Committee of the University from time to time are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. programme in the subject in which she / he has obtained a Master’s Degree or in an allied subject (to be determined by the Equivalence Committee).
- Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the Government of India and / or other appropriate authorities. Admission into the Ph.D. programme may be granted only to such foreign nationals who have obtained a research visa.
- The candidates who have been awarded a research fellowship by DBT / DST / CSIR / UGC or any other Govt. recognized funding agency shall apply in prescribed form for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates who already hold an M.Phil. Degree shall also apply in prescribed form.
North Bengal University MPhil PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Interested Candidates can apply online http://www.nbu.ac.in/
- The cost of Online application is Rs. 200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PWD)
- No application other than Online application will be considered.
- Persons working in Govt./Semi-Govt./Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. A No Objection Certificate from the present employer shall be attached.
- Proof of belonging to SC or ST or OBC-A or OBC-B [of the State of West Bengal] or Persons with Disability [PWD] must be submitted along with the filled-in Application Form and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
- Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
- A print out of the online application form along with two copies of the recent passport size photograph (identical with the same uploaded in the online application form) and other documents regarding qualification, and experience etc. duly attested by the candidate must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar/Office of the Secretary, Faculty Council for PG Studies in Arts, Commerce & Law and Science, NBU at the time of verification. Date(s) to be notified later on after admission.
- The University shall not entertain any application after the last date and shall not be responsible for any delay.
- The University shall reserve the right to cancel the process of admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. programme of the above mentioned subject(s) without showing any reason whatsoever.
North Bengal University MPhil PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Opening Date of Online Application
6th December 2019
Closing Date of Online Application
12th December 2019
List of Eligible Candidates for the Entrance Test on the Admission portal
13th December 2019
List of Eligible Candidates directly for the VivaVoce on the Admission portal
13th December 2019
Date of Entrance Test
16th December 2019
(Syllabus for the Entrance Test is available on the University Website/Admission portal)
On 17th December 2019
Date of Publication of Results of the Entrance Test
18th December 2019
Date of Viva-Voce
19th December 2019
For detailed information please visit Website www.nbu.ac.in
North Bengal University
(Accredited by NAAC with Grade A), P.O. North Bengal University, Raja Rammohunpur, Dist. Darjeeling, PIN -734013 (W.B.), Website www.nbu.ac.in