Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) Hyderabad announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, invites applications from eligible candidates of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States for admission to PhD Program offered in various specialties for the academic session 2023-24
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023
- Notification of the PhD program: 10-08-2023
- Availability of online application on the website: 10-08-2023
- Last date for submission of online application: 25-08-2023
- Download the Hall Tickets: 01-09-2023
- Date of Entrance Examination: 09-09-2023
- Display of Provisional Results: 13-09-2023
- Date of Interview: 19th, 20th 21st September 2023
- Display of Interview Results: 25-09-2023
- Date of Admission: 01-10-2023
- Closure of Admissions: 10-10-2023
- Neurology – 03
- Medical Genetics – 02
- Pulmonary Medicine – 02
- Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics – 02
- Microbiology – 06
- Pathology – 01
- Emergency Medicine – 01
- Nephrology – 04
- Cardiology – 02
- Medical Oncology – 01
- Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care – 06
- Total – 30 Seats
- Minimum period is 3 years and maximum period shall not exceed 5 years
- A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme leading to the award of a degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences in Medical Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Genetics, Physiology, Human Anatomy, Biotechnology, Psychology, Nutrition etc. provided that the concerned subject is in relation to the specialties available in NIMS.
- MD-Ayurvedic Medicine (eligible for Ph.D. in Pharmacology only)
- Candidates can download the application form from NIMS Website www.nims.edu.in
- The Online Application Registration, Notification and instructions to fill the application is available at NIMS website from 10th August to 25th August 2023 and last date for submission of hard copy of application is 25th August 2023
- A candidate shall apply for Ph.D. Programme in one subject only.
- An amount of Rs.1500/- towards application fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a credit card or a debit card issued by the banks in India or through Internet banking.
- Selection will be made based on the entrance test followed by an interview.
- Only those secure a minimum of 50% in the entrance exam will be eligible to proceed to the interview stage.
Screening Entrance Exam
- The screening entrance exam shall be conducted at the venue, date and time specified by the Institute in Hall Ticket.
- The entrance examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions carrying 50 marks to be answered in 60 minutes duration.
- Syllabus: Basic questions from Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Physiology, Psychology and Biostatistics
- Marks allotted for Entrance Exam and interview: Entrance examination – 50 marks; Aptitude Interview – 50 marks.
- Annual Tuition Fee – Rs.10,000/-
- Thesis evaluation fee – Rs.20,000/- (to be paid along with submission of thesis)
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website