NIEPA Integrated M.Phil-PhD and PhD Program Admission 2022 – Dates, Fellowship, Application Process
NIEPA M.Phil and PhD Admission 2022 – The National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA), Deemed to be University fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to its Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D, Ph.D (Full-time and Part-time) Programs for the academic year 2022-23.
Application can be submitted in a prescribed format till May 16, 2022. Read ahead for more details on NIEPA New Delhi Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D, Ph.D (Full-time) and Ph.D (Part-time) Programs.
- Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. Program
- Ph.D. (Full-time) Program
- Ph. D. (Part-time) Program
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last Date for submission of Application: 16th May 2022
- Written Test: 18th June 2022
- Personal interview: 24st & 25th June 2022
- Declaration of final results: 28th June 2022
- Last date for admission: 15th July 2022
- Commencement of M.Phil- PhD Session/Course work: 25th July 2022
- All candidates selected for the integrated M.Phil- Ph.D and Ph.D (Full-time) shall be offered NIEPA fellowship. NET qualified candidates, who have been awarded Junior Research Fellowship by the UGC and who fulfil the required qualifications, are encouraged to apply for UGC fellowship. However, part-time Ph.D. candidates are not given any fellowship.
Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. Programme
- (a) A candidate seeking admission to the Integrated M.Phil/Ph.D. Programme or Ph.D. programme shall have a minimum of 55% marks (50% shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layers)/ Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the Institute) or its equivalent grade in Master’s Degree in Social Sciences and allied disciplines from a recognized university. Candidates possessing Master’s degree in other areas may also be considered if he/she has teaching experience or experience of working in the area of Educational Policy, Planning and Administration.
- (b) Three copies of the brief write-up (in the prescribed format) on the proposed research topic of a contemporary issue within the broad framework of Educational Policy, Planning and Administration
Ph.D. (Full-time) Programme
- A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. (full-time) programme should meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Para (a) & (b) above.
- (c) A Candidate shall have an M.Phil. Degree in an area closely related to Educational Planning and Administration and/or exceptionally brilliant academic record coupled with publications of high quality.
- (d) M.Phil. Graduates will be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme after due scrutiny by the Admission Committee, if they obtain a FGPA of 5 or above on the ten point scale.
- A candidate seeking admission to Part-time Ph.D. programme is required to meet the following criteria: (i) Should meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Para 3.1 (a & b) above; (ii) Currently, should be in full-time employment;(iii) Should be a senior level educational functionary with a minimum of five years’ work experience in teaching/research in educational policy, planning and administration.
- Note: It will be compulsory to attend one-year full-time course work by all part-time and full time scholars.
- Candidates should apply online in the prescribed Google form for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes of the Institute.
- A print of the filled in Google form should be sent along with the required documents ( according to the list given in the prospectus) and three copies of the brief write-up (in the prescribed format) on the proposed research topic of a contemporary issue within the broad framework of Educational Policy, Planning and Administration.
- Application should reach the Registrar, NIEPA, 17-B, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi-110016 on or before 16th May, 2022.
- For further details, please visit our website www.niepa.ac.in
- For General : Rs. 400/-
- For SC/ST and EWS candidates : Rs. 200/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online payment
- Initial short-listing of applications will be carried out on the basis of Eligibility criteria mentioned above. Short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a written test and those qualifying in the written test will be subjected to personal interview to assess their potential leading to final list of selected candidates, in order of merit.
- NIEPA will follow all mandatory provisions in the reservation policy of the Government of India. Admissions to Integrated M.Phil- Ph.D , Ph.D (Full Time) and Ph.D (Part-time) programmes will be made purely on the basis of merit following the prescribed criteria of the Institute.
- The Institute reserves the right to decide the number of seats to be filled in the year 2022-23, the criteria for screening of applications; and the selection procedure of candidates for admission to its M.Phil and Ph.D programmes.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website