National Institute of Technology (NIT) Karnataka announces PhD Admission 2019-20 December Session
NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2019 – National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, invites application for Admission to PhD Programmes for the academic session 2019-20 (December Session).
- The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal is rated as one of the top Institutions in India. Since its inception in 1960 as the Karnataka Regional Engineering College, the Institute has established itself as a premier center engaged in imparting quality technical education and providing support to research and development activities.
- The Institute is governed by the rules and statutes of the NIT Act.
NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Online Submission of applications: 18th November 2019
- Last Date for receiving hard copy of completed applications: 20th November 2019
- Last date for dispatch of call letters to short-listed candidates, and announcement in the website by respective departments: 27th November 2019
- Selection Test and/or Interview: 12th November 2019
- Last date for sending Recommended list to the office of Dean (Academic): 13th November 2019
- Publication of provisional selection/merit-list on website: 17th November 2019
- Last date for Sending admission orders/letters: 18th November 2019
- Reporting Dates for Selection-List Candidates: 19th to 27th November 2019
- Last Date for sending admission orders/letters to waiting-list candidates: 31st November 2019
- Last Date for Reporting, for waiting-list candidates: 3rd January 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2019
- Admission to a Ph.D. Programme shall be open to Indian Nationals who passed the qualifying degree in a relevant field with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 6.0 in the 0-10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate (taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the qualifying degree).
- However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 5.5 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The prescribed qualifying examination is as follows:
- For Ph.D. in Engineering/Technology – Master’s degree in relevant field.
- For Ph.D. in Physics – Master’s degree in relevant field
- For Ph.D. in Chemistry – M.Sc. / M. Tech in relevant field including M. Pharma.
- For Ph.D. in Mathematics – M.Sc.in Mathematics / M. Tech in relevant field / MCA
- For Ph.D. in School of Management – Master degree in relevant field, CA along with undergraduate degree.
- If the evaluation system in qualifying degree is in both CGPA and Marks, CGPA value will be considered. In such cases, conversion from Grade point system to Percentage system will not be considered.
Specializations in Ph.D. Programme
- Civil Engineering: Structures, Geotechnical, Transportation, Construction Technology and Management Environment, Earth Sciences
- Applied Mechanics & Hydraulics: Water Resources Engg & Management, Marine Structures, Remote Sensing & GIS Applications in Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engg: Renewable Energy, Alternative Fuels, IC Engine & Combustion, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue, FEM, Stress Analysis, Tribology, Machine Dynamics and Vibration, Advanced Materials, Advanced Manufacturing, Mechatronics, MEMS, Nanotechnology, Robotics and Control, Product Design, Structural Acoustics, Polymer Nanocomposites, Precision Manufacturing.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Adaptive and Distributed Signal Processing for Sensing and Image Applications; Control System; Electrical Machines and Machine Diagnosis; High Voltage Engineering and Field Computations; Power Electronics and Drives; Power Systems; Renewable Energy Technologies; Smart Grid Technologies.
- Electronics & Communication: Communication/VLSI/ Signal Processing
- Chemical Engineering: Process Development, Particulate Systems, Environmental Engineering, Transfer Operations, Industrial Biotechnology, Energy, Modelling and Simulation, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Nanosciences / Nanotechnology, Polymer nanocomposites, Process dynamics and control
- 7. Metallurgical & Materials Engineering: Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical Metallurgy, Extractive Metallurgy, Beneficiation of Minerals, Welding, Surface Engineering, Corrosion, Polymer Nanocomposites, Ceramic and Polymeric Nanofabrics, Energy conversion and storage, Thin films & coatings, Advanced Materials, Heat transfer studies.
- Mining Engineering: Rock Mechanics & Ground Control Engineering, Drilling & Blasting, Mine Planning, Environmental Management
- Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (Experimental)
- Chemistry: Inorganic, Materials, Physical and Organic Chemistry
- School of Management: Strategic Management, International Business, Technology Management, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Behavioural Finance, Development Economics, International Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Applied Econometrics, Operations Management, Information Systems, E-Governance, English and Comparative Literature, and Other related areas.
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences: Computer Stream: Computer Vision, Computer Network Security, Graph Algorithms, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Cryptography, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Mathematics Stream: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Reliability Engineering, Graph Theory, Algebra, Number Theory, Real Analysis, Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations, Numerical Methods, Functional Analysis, Spectral Analysis.
- Information Technology*: Affective Computing, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain Technologies, Cloud/Edge/Fog Computing, Cloud Security, Computer Networks, Cyber Security, Databases, Data Mining, Deep Learning Applications, Distributed Computing, Future Internet Architecture, Healthcare Informatics, High Performance Computing, Information Retrieval, Information Security, Internet of Things, Mobile Software Engineering, Natural Language Processing, Network Security, Semantic Web Technology, Social Multimedia/Social Network Analysis, , Software Engineering , Web Services, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Computer Science and Engineering: Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Distributed Computing, Data Mining, Information Security, High Performance Computing, Computer Vision, Cloud Computing, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Mobile computing
- Mining Engineering: Rock Mechanics, Rock Blasting, Environmental Management, Slope Stability, Design and stability of civil Excavations, Waste Management, Mineral beneficiation, Computer Applications in Mining
- Selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme will be based upon the academic performance in the qualifying examinations, written aptitude test, a presentation on a research topic and interview as specified by the concerned departments.
See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
NIT Karnataka PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Information Bulletin, Seat Matrix and Online Application portal for admission to Ph.D. programmes is available on the Institute website www.nitk.ac.in.
- The applicants need to register online with the portal.
- The registered candidates have to complete Online Application form and pay the prescribed application fee, i.e. Rs 500/- (OC/OBC/EWS) and Rs. 150/- (SC/ST/PWD) through online on or before 18th November 2019 (Monday).
- The hardcopy of the completed application form with payment receipts and copy of necessary documents is to be sent to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Srinivasnagar, Mangalore-575 025, Karnataka, on or before the last date, i.e. 20th November 2019 (Wednesday).
- Candidates sponsored by the Educational Institutions/Industries must get their applications forwarded through proper channel. Applications which are incomplete /defective / received late are liable to be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
For more information visit the website www.nitk.ac.in
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore-575025, Karnataka State, Phone : 2474000-2474023, Fax : 91-824-2474033, E-Mail: email@example.com, Website: www.nitk.ac.in