National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar announces PhD Program Admission 2022, Apply now
NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission in the PhD program scheduled to commence from 1st January, 2023 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar
NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022
PhD Program are offered in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS)
- School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Computer Sciences (SCPS)
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- Online application will be activated on – 08 November 2022
- Last date for filling up online application – 22 November 2022
- List of candidates short-listed for test/interview will be uploaded on NISER website as soon as the scrutiny is over. Dates of selection tests/interviews are as follows:
- School of Biological Sciences : 15th – 16th December 2022
- School of Computer Sciences : 30th November – 1st December, 2022
- School of Chemical Sciences : 20th – 21st December 2022
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences : 2nd December 2022
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS) : 15th – 16th December 2022
- Biological Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters or M. Tech or M. Pharm in any branches of Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmacy (any specialization), Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. Students with Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics having interest in pursuing a career in Biology are also encouraged to apply.
- Chemical Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. Student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
- Computer Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Computer Science/Mathematics/Electronics /Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Humanities and Social Sciences : 55% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Social Sciences or in allied disciplines.
- Physical Sciences : 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Physics or M.E/M.Tech in Applied Physics.
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process.
- At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview.
- The copy of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for PhD programs.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
- Students with institute fellowship from NISER will be eligible to draw Rs. 31,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website