National Institute of Immunology New Delhi announces Admission to PhD Program 2023, Apply now
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission 2023 – National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi invites applications from eligible candidates for Admission to its PhD Programs for the academic year 2023
National Institute of Immunology PhD Admission 2023
PhD Programs Offered
- Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of –
- Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Chemical Biology
- Structural Biology
- Computational Biology
- Online Application begins : 15th December 2022
- Online Application closing: 20th January 2023
- Admit card available for download: 07th February 2023 onwards
- NII-2023 Entrance Examination: 26th February 2023
- Interviews will be held online during : 6th – 13th June, 2023.
- M.Sc. in any branch of science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from the reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off the percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 5% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
- Reservation for EWS: The persons belonging to EWS who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 10% reservation.
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only.
- The details of the application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in. Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2023 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees.
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 15th December, 2022 to 20th January, 2023.
- For General/OBC (NCL) candidates: Rs.1200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.600/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following two Channels:
- Channel# 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2023 to be conducted by NII at multiple centers across India on 26th February 2023 (Sunday).
- Channel# 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2023).
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2023 or JGEEBILS-2023.
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 15th April, 2023.
- Interviews will be held online during 6th – 13th June, 2023.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website