National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) announces Admission into Full Time Diploma and PG Diploma Programs 2019
NIFT Chennai Diploma and PG Diploma Admission 2019 – National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai invites applications for admission to Full-Time Diploma and PG Diploma Programs commencing in the year 2019.
- NIFT was setup in 1986 under the aegis of Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India. It has emerged as a premier Institute of Design, Mgt. & Technology, developing professionals for taking up leadership positions in the Fashion business in the emerging global scenario.
- These Programs aimed at making these campuses financially viable for optimum utilization of infrastructure and other resources.
- Diploma Programmes are full time programmes whose duration may range from 1 to 2 years. Diploma Programmes are of 2 years duration and PG Diploma Programmes are of 1 year duration
- These programs will be offered in accordance with the provisions of the policy approved for the Diploma programmes. The programme would be conducted during the day time in regular working hours. The usual classes may not exceed 6 hours per day.
NIFT Chennai Diploma and PG Diploma Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Release of Advertisement: 16th June 2019
- Issue of Application: 17th June 2019
- Last date for receipt of filled-in application: 09th August 2019
- Scrutinization of applications: 13th August 2019
- Qualifying Test/Personal Interview / Presentation of previous work (Mode of selection will be informed to the candidates): 26th August 2019
- Declaration of selected candidates: 27th August 2019
- Remittance of fee (per annum): On or before 04th September 2019
- Commencement of Diploma program: 04th September 2019
Program offered at NIFT Chennai
- NIFT, Chennai offers the following full time Diploma Programs:
- Diploma (Fashion Fit & Style)
- PG Diploma (Apparel Production & Merchandising)
- PG Diploma – 1 year
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT Chennai Diploma and PG Diploma Admission 2019
- There is no age limit for Diploma and PG Diploma Programs as these can be taken up by people at any
- stage of life to enhance their skills and further their educational qualifications.
Educational Qualification Diploma Programs
- Minimum educational qualification for admission to Diploma Programmes is as follows:
- A pass in 10+2 (12th Standard) in any discipline (or) 3 or 4 years Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. Candidates with 2-3 years of work experience preferable.
Post Graduate Diploma Program
- Undergraduate Degree from any recognized Institute/ University. Candidates with 2-3 years of work experience preferable
- Students undertaking the Diploma Programs are expected to maintain a high order of discipline in and out of the campus. Reports of complaints on behavioral lapses or indiscipline from faculty staff or from the public would be viewed seriously.
- Over all 65 % attendance would be required to complete the program.
Fashion Fit & Style
- This 2 years Diploma Programme in Fashion Fit & Style offers a training program in the field of technical design and artistic skills that integrates theory and practice. This programme is carefully structured to spur professional growth that is relevant to individuals at different stages of their careers.
- The flexible schedule enables the participants to pursue the programme without interrupting their professional activities. The programme covers Fashion Studies, Pattern Making, Draping, Illustration, Garment Construction, Fashion Styling and Costume Study
- The selection of candidates for the Diploma and PG Diploma Program will be carried out by the campus on the basis of qualification and/or qualifying test/ personal interview / presentation of past work
- A list of the selected candidates will be announced through website www.nift.ac.in
NIFT Chennai Diploma and PG Diploma Admission 2019 Application Process
- The Prospectus-cum-Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.nift.ac.in
- The application along with the prospectus can be obtained from NIFT Chennai campus on payment of Rs.200/- in person or by post enclosing a Demand Draft of Rs.300/- in favour of NIFT payable at Chennai.
- The duly filled in application along with the registration fee of Rs.2000/- by demand draft in favour of NIFT payable at Chennai shall be submitted in person at NIFT Chennai or by post in the following address Academics Department, National Institute of Fashion Technology, NIFT Campus, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani, Chennai-600113.
- The duly filled in form should reach NIFT Chennai on or before 09th August 2019 late forms or forms received after the due date will not be accepted; the institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss in postal transit or by courier.
Further details may be seen from www.nift.ac.in/chennai or contact 044-22542755 or send email to [email protected]
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai
(Governed by the NIFT Act 2006 and was set up by Ministry of Textiles), An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution, NIFT Campus, RajivGandhi Salai, Taramani, Chennai-600113, Phone No.: 044-22542755, Website www.nift.ac.in