National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) Chennai announces Admission to Master of Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology and Health Systems Program 2023
NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2023 – Applications are invited from medical graduates for admission to the India FETP – Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Health Systems) – 2 year Programme of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, conducted by ICMR School of Public Health at ICMR – National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai for the academic session commencing in July 2023.
NIE (ICMR) MPH Admission 2023
Admission to the Program
- Admission is open to government and private candidates. Preference to the candidates sponsored by the Central/State Governments /Union Territories and Armed Forces.
- The MPH (Epidemiology and Health Systems) is a two-year program, comprising four contact sessions across 12 months at NIE interspersed with three field postings of 12 months duration in total.
- The MPH (EHS) is a 60 credits Program. Of these, 22 credits are for the contact sessions at NIE and 38 for various field projects conducted during their field postings.
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last date for receipt of application : 31st December 2022
- Date of commencement of the course : 01st July 2023
- Candidates fulfilling the following criteria are eligible to apply for the course:
- M.B.B.S. degree recognized by Medical Council of India
- (a) Working in public health, preferably regularized and permanent employees of State or Central Government Department or Medical institutions;
- (b) Private (NonGovernment) candidates worked / working in public health
- Three years experience in public health related activities
- Age up to 45 years as on the date mentioned in the admission form. Departmental candidates from ICMR institutions will be granted age relaxation of 5 years. SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates will be eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India rules
- Admission is open to government and private candidates. Preference will be given to the candidates sponsored by the Central / State Governments / Union Territories and Armed Forces.
- The prescribed application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s Website: www.nie.gov.in
- The prescribed application form given in the website or its photocopy alone should be used. Application in any other form will not be considered.
- Duly filled in prescribed Application Form with necessary enclosures should be sent to the following address, superscribing “Application for MPH ” on top of the cover. MPH Program Coordinator ICMR School of Public Health ICMR – National Institute of Epidemiology Tamil Nadu Housing Board, Ayapakkam Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 077
- Application fee : Rs.600/-
- Mode of Payment : Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of “Director, NIE” payable at Chennai
- A selection committee constituted by SCTIMST and NIE will select the candidates based on the following:
- Review of the application form
- Written test (if necessary)
- Personal interview at NIE, Chennai
- Reservation of seats will be as per Government of India norms being followed by SCTIMST. Mere possession of the eligibility criteria will not entail selection for the course
- The decision of the Director, SCTIMST, shall be final for selection of the candidates
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website