MIT Institute of Design announces Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2023 for Admission to B.Des & M.Des Courses, Apply now
MIT DAT 2023 – MIT Institute of Design (MITID) invites application for admission to the B.Des & M.Des Program with the following specialization through Design Aptitude Test (DAT-2023) for the academic year 2023.
MIT Design Aptitude Test (MIT DAT) 2023
About MIT DAT 2023
- MIT DAT (MIT Design Aptitude Test) 2023, is conducted jointly for admissions to B.Des & M.Des programs at MIT ID Pune (MIT ADT University) Pune, MIT ID Indore (Avantika University) Indore, MIT ID Shillong (MIT University) Shillong.
- MIT DAT is conducted primarily to evaluate and shortlist the eligible candidates aspiring to pursue Undergraduate (B. Des), Post Graduate program (M. Des) at flagship institutes under the umbrella of MIT Group of Institutes Pune providing quality education in the field of design
B Des and M Des Programs Offered
- Industrial Design in Product Design, Transportation Design, Interior, Space & Furniture Design, Retail Design, User Experience Design
- Communication Design in Graphic Design, Animation Film Design, Film & Video Design, Game Design (only for B.Des), Immersive Media Design (only for M.Des), Transcultural Design (only for M.Des)
- Fashion Design (B.Des Fashion Design & B.Des Fashion Communication)
- Management Program (M.Des Design Management, M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing, Collaborative Twinning Programs)
- Last Date for submission of online application : December 31st, 2022
- Design Aptitude Test : January 29th, 2023
- DAT Result : February 11th, 2023
- For Bachelor of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters) : Candidates should have passed intermediate/10+2 from any stream from any State Boards AISSCE/ IB/ ISC.
- The students have to clear the admission process consisting of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test & personal interview.
- For Master of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters) : Candidates should have passed Graduate or its equivalent (10+2+3 minimum) from any recognized university.
- The students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview
- Eligible Candidates can apply online only through the official Website https://dat.net.in/ or www.mitid.edu.in
- Steps for online Registration for DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
- Step 1 : Register for MIT DAT
- Step 2 : An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Step 3 : Provide the required details in the application form.
- Step 4 : Upload the passport size photograph, accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
- Step 5 : Proceed to payment option and pay Rs 3000 for Indian applicants and and Rs 4500 for NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign Nationals
- Step 6 : On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit cards will be generated and sent to candidates’ registered email id. Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on DAT portal.
- For Indian applicants : Rs. 3000/-
- For NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign Nationals candidates : Rs. 4500/-
- Mode of Payment : Through online by Debit card / Credit card or Net Banking
- The Admission Process is in Two Phases:
Phase 1 – Design Aptitude Test (DAT) :
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted on January 29th, 2023 between 9 AM to 12 PM at various test centers across India. (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune)
- The MIT DAT committee reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centers.
- Based on scores obtained from MIT DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for studio test and personal interview.
- MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong will have their separate merit list of shortlisted candidates.
Phase 2 – Studio Test and Interview :
- The studio tests followed by personal interviews will be conducted separately by MIT Institute of Design Pune and Avantika University Ujjain.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the Studio test and Personal Interview will be announced on the respective websites of MIT ID Pune and Avantika University Ujjain.
- All those candidates called for the studio test and personal interview are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection.
- The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final.
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications and Dates 2022
- Fashion Design Entrance Exams and Admission Notifications 2022