Mahatma Gandhi University M.Ed Admission 2019 Notification
Mahatma Gandhi University M.Ed Admission 2019 – Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala invites Application for admission to the M.Ed. Degree Program (two-years pattern) in the Self Financing Colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University for the academic year 2019-20
M.Ed Program offered in the Colleges Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University:
- English Education, Malayalam Education, Hindi Education, Social Science Education, Science Education, Mathematics Education, Commerce Education, and IT Education
See: M.Ed Admissions 2019
Mahatma Gandhi University M.Ed Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of application: 06th June 2019
- Date of publication of the rank list: 15th June 2019
- Date of interview/admission: 22th June 2019
- Date of commencement of classes: 01st July 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Mahatma Gandhi University M.Ed Admission 2019
- If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the educational institution.
- Candidates should have passed B.Ed degree in the subject concerned from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognised by the Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 2.2
Classification/Categorisation of Seats:
- Seats available in the teacher training colleges affiliated to the University for the M.Ed programs (Self-financing) are mainly classified as Merit seats and Management seats.
- Management Quota Seats: 50% of the seats are earmarked as Management Quota seats and these seats shall be filled by the educational agency.
- Merit Seats: The remaining 50% seats are merit seats. The merit seats include the reservation seats for SC/ST/SEBC/Sports/Teacher Quota and PD Quota. The application for merit seats also have to be submitted at the college concerned.
Relaxation of marks in the qualifying examination:
- SC/ST Category: The applicants in these categories need only a pass in the qualifying examination to apply for MEd program.
- SEBC Category: A relaxation of 3% marks in the qualifying examination from the prescribed minimum is allowed.
- OEC Category: A relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination from the prescribed minimum is allowed.
Reservation of Seats
- Out of the total Merit Seats available in the affiliated colleges for various M.Ed programs, seats will be reserved for the different constituents of the main categories mentioned below:
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
- Special Reservation
- Mandatory Reservation
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PD): 3% of the total seats under Merit Quota (Open Quota) for each program are reserved for this category.
- The selection of candidates under this category will be based on the rank in the inter-se merit list and physical suitability, and not on the basis of the degree of disability.
Mahatma Gandhi University M.Ed Admission 2019 Application Procedure
- Interested and Eligible candidates have to fill the downloaded application form from the official website www.mgu.ac.in
- Candidates are requested to fill the application form in all complete manner and submit the same to the college where they wish to join
- Application Fee: Cost of application fee is Rs. 50/-
- Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date of submission of the application.
- For more information visit official website www.mgu.ac.in
Mahatma Gandhi University
- Priyadarsini Hills P.O., Kottayam, Kerala–686 560, website www.mgu.ac.in