Karnataka University, Dharwad announces Admission to M.Phil. Program 2019
Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2019 – Applications for Admission to the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) Program are invited from eligible candidates in the prescribed form for the year 2018-19
Eligible applicants can apply online only from the official website or given below link on or before the last date
Also See : M.Phil Admissions
The M.Phil Program under the following Faculty:
- Arts: English, Kannada, Folklore, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit
- Social Science: Economics, History & Archeology, A.I. History & Epigraphy, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology & Forensic Science
- Science & Technology: Mathematics, Botany, Geography, Micro-Biology, Bio-Technology, Statistics, Computer Science
- Law: Law
- Commerce: Commerce
- Management: Management
Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2019 Dates
- Issue of Application Forms: 26th December 2018
- Last date for the receipt of application forms: 18th January 2019
- Intimation to the Exam Section regarding No. of Applications Received: 22nd January 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 30th January 2019
- Announcement of Eligible candidates List: 05th February 2019
- Date of Interview: 11th February 2019
- Meeting of the Departmental Council: 14th February 2019
- Announcement of the List of selected candidates: 15th February 2019
- Last date for admission: 21st February 2019
- Submission of Admitted candidates M.Phil Applications Forms: 28th February 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2019
- Applicants who have obtained Master’s Degree from this or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I) or equivalent grade in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Program are eligible to apply for the M.Phil Degree Program in the concerned/cognate subject. Marks rounded off to make the percentage to 55 or 50, as the case may be, through grace marks are not considered for M.Phil registration.
- Such of the teachers employed on full-time basis before 31.03.1992 and who are continuing in service in any of the affiliated colleges, constituent colleges and PG Departments of any recognized University are eligible to apply for M.Phil Program, subject to a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) at the concerned Master’s Degree.
- Admissions to the M.Phil, Program are open to full-time (i.e. regular) candidates and also to teacher deputed for undergoing the M.Phil Program by the college or institutions recognized by the University.
- No candidate/college teacher shall be admitted to the M.Phil Program as an external or a Part-time candidate.
- Candidates from other Universities are also permitted for M.Phil Program on Enhanced Fee Structure as prescribed by the University, from time to time.
- A candidate who is eligible for admission to M.Phil Program shall be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by the University. There will be two papers, in the Entrance Test, Paper – I & Paper – II, each paper carrying 50 marks. Candidates who have passed the NET/SLET/GATE are exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have appeared for the Entrance Test should secure a minimum of 50% in each paper and 55% marks in aggregate in the two papers (45% in each paper and 50% of marks in aggregate in two papers in case of SC/ST/ Cat-I Candidates) to be eligible.
- The Entrance Test will be followed by an interview conducted by the Department. The candidates are expected to discuss their research interest. Attending interview is mandatory.
Duration of Program
- The duration of the M. Phil Program shall be of one academic year with two consecutive terms, each term consisting of six months duration.
- Application Processing Fee for G.M Students Rs.1210/- and for SC/ST/CAT-I Rs. 605/-
Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2019 Application Form
- Application form and the Bank challan (bank challan should be downloaded and printed in legal size paper) from the Website www.kud.ac.in or www.kudacademics.org and the duly filled-in application form, along with all enclosures (including the original copy of the challan for application processing fee and Entrance Test fee if applicable) shall be submitted to the chairman of the concerned Dept at KU.
- The candidates have to remit the prescribed fees to the account of State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank of KUD or through any branch of nationalized bank by downloading the appropriate challan.
- The Applicants have to remit the prescribed fees in campus based State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank by downloading the appropriate challan. The Account No. & IFSC code of the banks are given in the challans. The candidates should attach the 2nd and 3rd copy of the Challan along with the application form and submit the duly filled in application form along with all the enclosures to the concerned P.G. Department, K.U. Dharwad.
Karnatak University, Dharwad
‘A’ Grade NAAC Accredited-2008, Prasaranga, Dharwad-580003, Karnataka, Website www.kud.ac.in