Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) announces Admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programme Under JRF Category 2020-21
JNU M.Phil. & PhD Admission 2020 – Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) invites applications for Admission to M.Phil. and PhD Program Under JRF Category for the Academic Year 2020-21
Interested candidates can check more details such as eligibility criteria, application process, fees, etc for JNU M.Phil. & PhD Admission 2020
JNU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Online Submission of Application Form – 1st September to 21st September, 2020
Last date for Online Submission of Application Form – 21st September, 2020
Correction of particulars of Application Form on website only – 23rd to 25th September, 2020
Eligibility Criteria for JNU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2020
For candidates applying for M.Phil. Program:
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
For candidates applying for PhD Program:
- M.Phil. degree with at least 55% marks of a recognized University/Institution (with dissertation/seminar/Viva) is essential OR one year M.Phil. with 55% marks with additional one year research experience of a recognized University/ Institution, and one publication and 55% marks or equivalent in Master’s degree/B.E/B.Tech.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates
Admission of JRF holders to M.Phil and PhD programme
- Only those candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements as prescribed for admission of candidates to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes in the respective schools/centres and have qualified for Junior Research Fellowship through CSIR, UGC National Eligibility Test (NET), ICMR, ICAR, AYUSH, DBT examination are eligible to apply separately in the prescribed form under this category in the respective school/centre/Special Centre wherever separate intake through JRF category is available.
- Such candidates shall be exempted from appearing in Computer Based Test (CBT). However, candidates shall have to appear for an interview and their selection will depend on their performance in the interview.
- Candidates who have appeared in these examinations, but results awaited may also apply under this category. However, such candidates will be interviewed upon submission of a valid proof of having qualified for or awarded the JRF certificate at the time of interview. Please note that candidates who have been awarded “Lectureship” in the CSIR/UGC examination are not eligible and will not be interviewed. In case of candidates applying under JRF category selection will be done on the basis of 100% viva score.
JNU M.Phil & PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official JNU website www.jnu.ac.in
- Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission
- Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully and follow them strictly.
For General Category and OBC applicants – Rs. 2000 (two thousand) only
For SC/ST/PwD applicants – Rs. 1000 (one thousand) only
Mode of Payment – Online through Credit card/Debit/Net Banking
- The candidates are admitted on merit on the basis of their performance in the Computer Based Test (CBT) and the deprivation points added to their score in accordance with the approved admission Policy and Procedures of the University.
- Candidates shall be called for viva voce for admission to each programme of study for M.Phil and Ph.D programmes.
- JRF qualified candidates shall be exempted from Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be shortlisted/called for viva-voce.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website